Celebrity Price Drop

Kalasi

You can get the lower price before final payment.  I fought with them today and they gave me half of what I was due.  There price guarantee you can use as toilet paper.  We book 3 cabins over Christmas for the last 10 years. plus another on each year.  They don't care.  They also changed the final payment 90 days out instead of the 60.  They must need the cash flow.  From what I see in the news they will have shut down lots of cruises.

On 6/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, sandancer said:

We decided some time ago that booking with a TA in the US was the way to go for us. It won’t suit everyone though as it is a gamble with currency fluctuations.

If it is a concern, you can easily eliminate the "gamble with currency fluctuations" by hedging your US currency purchases with appropriate financial instruments.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:28 AM, Kalasi said:

Compensation for being lied to. If I am told that something is the best price, I expect that to be true, unless I'm buying something from a dodgy dealer down the market...which is sort of how I now feel about Celebrity.

Were you actually lied to?  At the time you booked, the price you paid was the best price at the time!  Many lines use the best price jargon, but they are covered because it was at the time it was advertised.  I know, it hurts! but we all fall for this  from time to time.