Complimentary soaps

Host Dan

I have sailed Seabourn for over 300 days now, and I always forget the name of the brand of soap they offer you at the beginning of the cruise.  The soap in mind is the green (bumpy) soap in the clear packaging.  I'd like to order some for the house, but just cant remember the brand name!  Anyone?

On 5/29/2019 at 1:22 PM, galeforce9 said:

From an earlier thread which I recalled 

It is called SEA LOOFA It is made in the USA by a company called Baudelaire web sitehttp://www.boudelairesoaps.com

also had ESSENCE on the label.

The link doesn’t seem to work anymore but maybe you could google 

http://baudelairesoaps.com/

we like them too.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, Host Dan said:

I have sailed Seabourn for over 300 days now, and I always forget the name of the brand of soap they offer you at the beginning of the cruise.  The soap in mind is the green (bumpy) soap in the clear packaging.  I'd like to order some for the house, but just cant remember the brand name!  Anyone?

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YDO00/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The complimentary soaps (Occitane, Hermès and the bumpy green) have been discontinued or are in the process of being phased out. Seabourn is going green and they are eliminating plastic emballage (straws, to go coffee lids etc.). At least this is information given by staff. I didn’t ask if there were plans to replace all of the Molten Brown products.

2 hours ago, Les Picantins said:

The complimentary soaps (Occitane, Hermès and the bumpy green) have been discontinued or are in the process of being phased out. Seabourn is going green and they are eliminating plastic emballage (straws, to go coffee lids etc.). At least this is information given by staff. I didn’t ask if there were plans to replace all of the Molten Brown products.

Just on the Quest. They switched mid June to paper coffee lids (one barista tried to insist on no lids at all but i think a few spillages stopped that). All the traditional soaps were there though i think all are paper wrapped except the lovely green textured one. Straws were paper and may have been paper wrapped.  Which is more sanitary than just people pawing their way into a quiver of straws. 

5 hours ago, Les Picantins said:

So are they not offering any soap, just shower gel? If so I need to take my own soap...no biggie but just something else to remember!

2 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

So are they not offering any soap, just shower gel? If so I need to take my own soap...no biggie but just something else to remember!

There is plenty of soap offered ( least as of May/June) .  You will not need to bring your own.  I can't imagine only shower gel being offered.  

Edited by SLSD

I would hope that they'll continue regular soaps and not just complimentary soaps.  Even then, it's nickel and dime

5 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

I would hope that it's not the regular soaps and just the complimentary soaps. Even then it's nickel and dimeing the luxury product. SHAME ON THE PENNY PINCHERS.

The regular soap offered is a Molton Brown product which has a thin cardboard wrapping. The other normal Molton Brown products are still at hand, maybe because the plastic is thicker than the thin plastic on the loofah soap so more recyclable? There is not consistency as yet but they are definitely trying to reduce plastic use.

• 2 weeks later...