Recent Allure Dress Code for Men & Boys...Shorts?

There is no shortage of "no class" on cruise ships these days.  Shorts are not appropriate for the MDR but certainly are for Windjammer, JRockets, and other venues.  Shorts worn to MDR on formal nights down right tasteless.

17 minutes ago, dwayneb236 said:

your opinion, not that i care

I bet there are more that agree shorts in MDR are no class than believe its ok...your response defined your level of class!

Edited by DShock
  • Like 1

Just now, dwayneb236 said:

On the Oasis this past Feb we always wore shorts to MDR. One night we went in and saw it was formal night so we asked the attendants if it was ok in shorts or not.We told them if it was an issue we had no problems going elsewhere. They said come on in. They don't care. Not entirely sure how what I'm wearing, decent long shorts and button shirt, can affect someone else's dinner.

If you had a friend that was having a dinner for friends and they suggested a pair of pants and a shirt would you wear the suggested pants or show up in shorts? No, it wouldn't affect the dinner of your friends or the people in the MDR!

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If you had a friend that was having a dinner for friends and they suggested a pair of pants and a shirt would you wear the suggested pants or show up in shorts? No, it wouldn't affect the dinner of your friends or the people in the MDR!

Of course we would follow our friends suggestion but the MDR is not the same thing. And besides, I have few friends here. 

I haven’t eaten in the MDR since November 2016. 

• Thanks 1

Does it really kill someone to bring a pair of pants to wear for dinner? They can always change into shorts afterwards if they're to hot.

In today's world it's all about the me, me attitude. It seems like the rules and or suggestions don't apply to them and this is what kids are being taught.

• Like 4

Just now, dwayneb236 said:

gosh you better hope i'm never on a cruise with you then. i would probably spoil your experience with my, i have to say, pretty nice, legs.  sorry we disagree on this but we appear to. greatly..

Of coure it doesn't ruin my dinner, besides I rarely eat in the MDR. Food for thought, read my previous post and think about it.

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does it really kill someone to bring a pair of pants to wear for dinner? They can always change into shorts afterwards if they're to hot.

In today's world it's all about the me, me attitude. It seems like the rules and or suggestions don't apply to them and this is what kids are being taught.

Their cruise is not your cruise. I have never worn shorts to dinner in MDR. I don’t wear shorts to dinner in the CK either. But that’s just me. It doesn’t bother me what others wear. Doesn’t affect MY cruise or MY food.  It shouldn’t bother yours either. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

9 minutes ago, dwayneb236 said:

Give it up Renee. You ain't gonna sway me with your sweet talk.

Youre so funny thinking I trying to sway you. Give people an inch and they will take a mile. I'm onto the next thread. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

Oh god. It saddens me to live in a time when rules are broken, people only care about their own comfort, children are allowed to do what the want because they might be uncomfortable, and no one cares about decorum?

I think today of all days,  of our military, who do what is asked of them and protect us regardless of their own lives.

Where might we be today, had the brave and  unselfish  men in Normandy had the attitude of “I’ll do what I want,  and all others be damned?” And I guess, rules are meant to be broken these days.

Not to compare your cruise with History, but think how one thing leads to another. 

Where do we stop and think of what is the right thing to do?

Really, how hard is it to wear long pants to dinner? Is that really going to ruin your vacation? Are you comfortable teaching your children that rules don’t apply to them?

Say a prayer today for my uncle and cousin who landed on the beaches, and then wear whatever you want on  your cruise. 

• Like 2