Pub or restaurant in Cobh

Friends from Co. Limerick are coming to Cobh to meet our cruise ship. They are not familiar with the area. There will be six of us. Can anyone recommend one or two pubs or restaurants in Cobh where we could have a meal and visit for a while? This will replace any excursion so we really need some input. Thank  you.

Hey Erin, 

Kelly's pub is a great spot in Cobh also the Titanic bar and restaurant is lovely if it is open. The Commodore Hotel is a good spot for lunch also. 

If you are mobile there is a great walking tour of Cobh or there are two great attractions to visit. The Titanic experience and Cobh heritage centre.

hope this helps

Louise. 

We have a stop in Cobh and since we are spending so much on excursions in other ports we want to try to do Cobh without an excursion. Looking at Google maps it appears that Westbourne Pl is a pretty street to take a walk on and stop at a nice pub for drinks and bar snacks. We are eager to go to a place where there are some locals where we can hear some dialogue with that wonderful Irish accent and try some local drinks and snacks or bar food. Since we are eating meals on the ship we do not want a full dinner but just something to go with our drinks and not a place too formal.

Can any of you locals direct us to some places we might enjoy?

LouiseCobh and kerryincork, thank you VERY, VERY  much for your suggestions. I had checked briefly online and decided I needed information from people who had actually been to the restaurants. Louise, I had noticed that The Titanic had great reviews. As for visiting the museum, I have been to Cobh two or three times but not recently. I was touring (either for myself or bringing someone there) so always ate in the small cafe in the museum - never at a restaurant. All eight of my gggrandparents were from Ireland and most left from Cobh so it has great meaning for me. And kerryincork, I had noticed Water's Edge. I checked photos, and it is great suggestions. Because we will be in Cobh two nights, we are meeting with cousins one day for lunch and with friends another day - neither group from Cork so they are not familiar with the restaurants. It looks as though the pub (which I love because it is so genuine) might be a bit small so I think one day we will have lunch at Water's Edge and another day at the Titanic Bar. Thank you, again, to both of you. Jan (Erin Dreamer)

• 2 weeks later...