Questions Questions Questions !

Plastowc

So now I have sorted out my cabin palava, I have a lot of questions if anyone could help?! 

On freedom dining, do we still get to sit with other diners on a large table or will we ways be put on a table for our party size when one is available? 

On the theme nights, do we find out what the theme is before we set sail or only the day before in the horizon newsletter ? (Want to plan outfits!) And what are some examples of themes you have had on previous cruises? 

Is it worth asking when on the ship if there are any room upgrades (e.g balcony) - do you get a good offer if there are any still available ? 

Is there the option to purchase a few photos or do you need to get the full packages ? (Would like a nice group shot of us as a family but not keen on spending £100 on a package) 

That's all I can think of for now but will no doubt have more! 

Freedom dining, they will encourage you to sit on a larger table, but it is your choice, you may have to wait a bit for a smaller table.

Theme nights depend on the type of cruise. Sunshine cruises tend to have a tropical night added to the 2 formal nights in 7, one of which is usually black and white. I tend to chuck in a Hawaiin shirt just in case. I am sure they will be on your CP. 

Upgrades tend to be dealt with before sailing, being offered to f&f etc, so I doubt you will have much luck there.

Photos can be purchased individually, not particular cheap but look out for offers. Get loads taken, they are then displayed with no obligation to buy.

Have a fantastic cruise,

Andy

20 minutes ago, Plastowc said:

So now I have sorted out my cabin palava, I have a lot of questions if anyone could help?! 

On freedom dining, do we still get to sit with other diners on a large table or will we ways be put on a table for our party size when one is available? 

On the theme nights, do we find out what the theme is before we set sail or only the day before in the horizon newsletter ? (Want to plan outfits!) And what are some examples of themes you have had on previous cruises? 

Is it worth asking when on the ship if there are any room upgrades (e.g balcony) - do you get a good offer if there are any still available ? 

Is there the option to purchase a few photos or do you need to get the full packages ? (Would like a nice group shot of us as a family but not keen on spending £100 on a package) 

On Freedom Dining, when you arrive at the restaurant you will be asked if you are happy to share a table with others and then shown a table.If you prefer to sit as a group, just ask for a table of 2 (or 4), you may have to wait but probably not for long.We prefer to share a table and have met some lovely and interesting people.We tend to ask to share a table of 6 because with 8 it is hard to include everyone in the conversation.

The theme nights can usually be found in your cruise personaliser before you cruise.There is usually a black and white night which is a formal night and possibly a tropical or/and 60s/70s night.

Most cabins have sold prior to the cruise so you could ask if there are upgrades but I think P and O have already upgraded(sometimes as late as check in)people on boarding

You can just purchase the odd photo-we tend to do that as the quality varies.

Enjoy your cruise 🙂 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Don't know how that popped up!! 

2 hours ago, Plastowc said:

On freedom dining, do we still get to sit with other diners on a large table or will we ways be put on a table for our party size when one is available?  When you arrive in the dining room, they'll ask you if you're happy to share or you can request one for your party size. 

On the theme nights, do we find out what the theme is before we set sail or only the day before in the horizon newsletter ? (Want to plan outfits!) And what are some examples of themes you have had on previous cruises?  If you tell me  If you click on this link and scroll down to find your ship you can see what the theme nights will be on your cruise https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

Is it worth asking when on the ship if there are any room upgrades (e.g balcony) - do you get a good offer if there are any still available ?  Not on the ship but you could try ringing P&O. You usually have to pay the price the cabin was when you booked your cruise.  

Is there the option to purchase a few photos or do you need to get the full packages ? (Would like a nice group shot of us as a family but not keen on spending £100 on a package) Buy as few or as many photos as you want...or none 

That's all I can think of for now but will no doubt have more!  We're happy to help. Keep asking.

Edited by tartanexile81

2 hours ago, Plastowc said:

The choice is yours, you will be asked if you are haapy to share as you check in each night.

There should be data in your welcome on board pack that gives this info. it will also tell you the main evening entertainment in the Theatre and other venues, as well as what the themed buffet is each night so you can ensure you're there on curry nights.

Very rare and the price is unlikely to be better than is before the cruise.

You can buy only the photos you want.

Happy to oblige if you have any further thoughts.

Fancy dress has been outlawed by P&O, so I guess 60's / 70's / 80's nights are now a thing of the past. I think it's an opportunity for the Ents Team to dress up rather than the passengers.

But TBF I have seen a few "original" shell suits around during the day, so the 80's could still be a winner 😉

Tropical night seems popular with the Hawaiian shirts and so on, Leis are given out in the venues and dining rooms.

9 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Fancy dress has been outlawed by P&O, so I guess 60's / 70's / 80's nights are now a thing of the past. I think it's an opportunity for the Ents Team to dress up rather than the passengers.

But TBF I have seen a few "original" shell suits around during the day, so the 80's could still be a winner 😉

Tropical night seems popular with the Hawaiian shirts and so on, Leis are given out in the venues and dining rooms.

They do still have 60's/70's nights onboard (I think it says something about no fancy dress apart from theme nights.I think they have stopped handing out leis- not sure if its health and safety or for environmental reasons

15 hours ago, Plastowc said:

To be honest, apart from the formal, black and white night, for which the majority make the effort, people really don't bother at all for the 60s/70s night or the tropical night. For the tropical night at most men wear Hawaiian-style shirts and ladies may wear something tropical florally, but that's about it.

One out last cruise, for the 70s night I just wore a maxi dress, love beads, lots of bangles and tied a long floaty scarf around my hair and apart from maybe one or two other people, I was the only person who'd bothered!

Yes I've found no-one really bothers with 60/70's night although there was one group who all dressed up well on one cruise and amused us all!  Tropical night was good on my Canaries cruise a couple of years ago but a couple of first time cruisers said they wished they'd known or they would have dressed up too!

6 hours ago, ann141 said:

They do still have 60's/70's nights onboard (I think it says something about no fancy dress apart from theme nights.I think they have stopped handing out leis- not sure if its health and safety or for environmental reasons

No they are still given out but you have to go to the deck party on deck or in a lounge if poor weather. We have quite a collection 

Dai