Staying In Barcelona on Oct 12th National Holiday

Looks like the day before we sail on 10-13-19 is a National Holiday. Has anyone been there at that date that knows if the normal touristy spots will be closed? That is a Saturday and we had planned on probably just going to Sagrada Familia and maybe the Gothic District and wander around. I have ended up in other countries on National Holidays only to discover that many things are closed and folks are off celebrating. Just like we do in the US. 🙂 Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hopefully you already found your answers but if not then hopefully the following information helps!

It looks like some tickets are still for sale to visit La Sagrada Familia on Saturday, the 12th of October, you can buy tickets online and I recommend buying them as soon as possible: https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets

We were there for most of August this year when it seems like everyone is away on holiday.  Our experience was that many of the shops and stores were closed but there were still many open and available.  For example there was a car dealership down the street from where we were staying but we didn't know until they returned from holiday and rolled up the security barrier!    I'd expect the tourist attractions to be open and to have tours available.  If there is a specific attraction you'd like to see you should be able to check online to confirm availability. 

16 hours ago, CruiseDigits said:

Hopefully you already found your answers but if not then hopefully the following information helps!

It looks like some tickets are still for sale to visit La Sagrada Familia on Saturday, the 12th of October, you can buy tickets online and I recommend buying them as soon as possible: https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets

We were there for most of August this year when it seems like everyone is away on holiday.  Our experience was that many of the shops and stores were closed but there were still many open and available.  For example there was a car dealership down the street from where we were staying but we didn't know until they returned from holiday and rolled up the security barrier!    I'd expect the tourist attractions to be open and to have tours available.  If there is a specific attraction you'd like to see you should be able to check online to confirm availability. 

I have gotten them for the most part. Have purchased my Sagrada tickets. Thank you for your comments though! Good to know!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 4:46 PM, Sherman793 said:

Looks like the day before we sail on 10-13-19 is a National Holiday. Has anyone been there at that date that knows if the normal touristy spots will be closed? That is a Saturday and we had planned on probably just going to Sagrada Familia and maybe the Gothic District and wander around. I have ended up in other countries on National Holidays only to discover that many things are closed and folks are off celebrating. Just like we do in the US. 🙂 Thanks!

We disembarked from a cruise ship that day a few years ago. We had a tour with Spain Day Tours to go to Montserrat and a tour of Barcelona. Sagrada Familia was opened (we only saw it from the outside) and Park Guell was opened ... can't remember where else they took us in Barcelona but everything was a go that was on the tour and we were told most of the tourist attractions were opened. Once we got back to our hotel (we were staying 2 days post cruise) we had no problem finding restaurants and some stores opened opened that evening. There should be enough things opened so that it won't be a problem for you.

• Like 1