Aviary/snorkel Bay

c-leg5

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Anyone know the prices to visit the aviary at the port?

Has Snorkel bay been changed to just a swimming venue since it was renovated and is there a charge?

Online searching seems to suggest $12pp for aviary but I haven't determined if there is a child price?  

It appears there was a charge for Snorkel Bay  but i cant find out if it still exists. Any updates from recent visitors?

thanks!

I did not see any area for snorkeling in April, only a pool and the dolphin park. 

There did not appear to be any charge for swimming, but I wasn't looking for it either. I did go sit in a lounge chair nearby for a few minutes. There were no gate/fences blocking the area and it seemed you could come and go as you pleased. 

1 hour ago, travelingtink said:

I did not see any area for snorkeling in April, only a pool and the dolphin park. 

There did not appear to be any charge for swimming, but I wasn't looking for it either. I did go sit in a lounge chair nearby for a few minutes. There were no gate/fences blocking the area and it seemed you could come and go as you pleased. 

Thanks. Was that the main swim up pool or the small pool next to the dolphin park?

I am looking for info on the small pool. I think it used to be a children’s/ beginners snorkel area but it seemed like when they were renovating it there were now going to be tubes or something now. I don't know if there is still a charge for that area, or if it now has a current (lazy river) perhaps.

Edited by c-leg5

15 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks. Was that the main swim up pool or the small pool next to the dolphin park?

I lounged by the small pool. 

But the regular pool didn't seem to have any restrictions either. 

It appeared to me that the only paid areas were dolphins, aviary, chocolate and tequila tours. 

I'll check again next week. Spur of the moment return trip. Just can't stay away from Cuba and the other ports are just a bonus lol. 

2 hours ago, travelingtink said:

I lounged by the small pool. 

But the regular pool didn't seem to have any restrictions either. 

It appeared to me that the only paid areas were dolphins, aviary, chocolate and tequila tours. 

I'll check again next week. Spur of the moment return trip. Just can't stay away from Cuba and the other ports are just a bonus lol. 

Thanks that would be great!

Taking young child at the end of June.

• 2 weeks later...

I confirmed there is no snorkeling area at the port. Just a lazy river connected to a larger pool with a volleyball net. There are inner tubes available for floating around. 

No signs posted regarding a charge. My table mates swam and purchased some snacks. They said one person did approach them and said they had to pay to swim but they told her that was not correct and she went on her way. Might have just been someone trying to get money??? 

I snapped a few few pics of the area. We were the only ship in port so it was not crowded or rowdy. My previous visit had 5 ships in port and the pool was quite the party place. 

3A1DD595-AA3B-467E-B6D8-96023320872E.jpeg

2B523674-D185-4608-8A87-DEC6731B4F13.jpeg

14 hours ago, travelingtink said:

I confirmed there is no snorkeling area at the port. Just a lazy river connected to a larger pool with a volleyball net. There are inner tubes available for floating around. 

No signs posted regarding a charge. My table mates swam and purchased some snacks. They said one person did approach them and said they had to pay to swim but they told her that was not correct and she went on her way. Might have just been someone trying to get money??? 

I snapped a few few pics of the area. We were the only ship in port so it was not crowded or rowdy. My previous visit had 5 ships in port and the pool was quite the party place. 

3A1DD595-AA3B-467E-B6D8-96023320872E.jpeg

2B523674-D185-4608-8A87-DEC6731B4F13.jpeg

Thanks for the update - i thought they had done away with it.