Gift Ideas for Kiddos

Abbie44

We are booked for the July 2 cruise out of NYC on Sunrise. Our daughters--ages 4 and 7--have no idea, and we plan to surprise them with clue gifts during our drive to Manhattan from Virginia. I plan to start with some books about the Statue of Liberty, but then every hour or so as we drive give them something that will give them clues about the cruise. So far, I have goggles for each of them and shark lollipops. What other ideas do you all have? Sunscreen, etc, is rather boring, so I'm looking for ideas from seasoned cruisers.

And, I don't post much, but I've gotten SO much good information on this board. Thank you all!

5 minutes ago, Abbie44 said:

We are booked for the July 2 cruise out of NYC on Sunrise. Our daughters--ages 4 and 7--have no idea, and we plan to surprise them with clue gifts during our drive to Manhattan from Virginia. I plan to start with some books about the Statue of Liberty, but then every hour or so as we drive give them something that will give them clues about the cruise. So far, I have goggles for each of them and shark lollipops. What other ideas do you all have? Sunscreen, etc, is rather boring, so I'm looking for ideas from seasoned cruisers.

And, I don't post much, but I've gotten SO much good information on this board. Thank you all!

Cute towel clips/clothes pins for beach towels 

Inflatable pool noodle for the beach (I bought "doodles" on amazon)

Lanyards for sign and sail cards

Hats or clothing with anchors/nautical theme

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doggielover68 said:

Cute towel clips/clothes pins for beach towels 

Inflatable pool noodle for the beach (I bought "doodles" on amazon)

Lanyards for sign and sail cards

Hats or clothing with anchors/nautical theme

P.s. Old Navy usually has clothing items with nautical themes

• sailor outfit or swimwear for their doll/teddy bear
  • beach towel poncho
  • dot to dot of a  ship (better for 7 year old)
  • passport for their doll/teddy (easy to download a template and print out - I did a UK passport or I would provide link)
  • small toy ship  or inflatable palm tree (dollar stores are great for stuff like this)
  • sparkly  dress up shoes  (don't know if your cruise line has formal nights)

Neither child will be carrying their own key..they are too young to be out and about on their own, so a lanyard won't be needed.  Parents should keep the kids cards safe for them.

If you want to bring a few beach toys (not as gifts on the trip, tho), they pack well...stuff swimsuits, socks, etc... into a small pail and put in the suitcase!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 8:53 PM, Abbie44 said:

Glow bracelets/glow glasses for night time.

Fun shaped sunglasses-maybe statue of liberty. We went to Cancun and bought silly ones with sombrero & a mustache, we had so much fun with those! I think I got at Party City.

Pool/Water/Sand toys

Personalized cup with a lid

Water shoes

We brought inflatable guitar, microphone, saxophone and had a karaoke party! Oriental Trading or Party City.

Maybe even dollar store? Cheap & easy to leave behind.

Disney cruisers do fish extenders-google fish extender gifts to get ideas.

Some of the gifts we snuck back to the room and left on the bed from whoever the cruise mascot is.

Disney: Mickey/Minnie

Carnival :It was Funship Freddy, now its Dr Suess

Any vacation that doesn't have a "mascot" we say its from the vacation fairy.

Have Fun!!