Rcl cancelling anthem sailing

Absolutely livid our rcl med cruise been cancelled due to some rich guy taking ship. This shouldnt be allowed. Pathetic offering for rebook but thats only route we hadnt done and cant fly. Rcl are joke. Booked means booked. Sorry if in wrong board admin. Disgusted beyond words. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 5:32 AM, 128plant said:

Absolutely livid our rcl med cruise been cancelled due to some rich guy taking ship. This shouldnt be allowed. Pathetic offering for rebook but thats only route we hadnt done and cant fly. Rcl are joke. Booked means booked. Sorry if in wrong board admin. Disgusted beyond words. 

WHat options did they give you and was a full refund offered?

On 5/31/2019 at 6:32 AM, 128plant said:

When you find a cruieline that dosn't do this from time to time, let me know

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Biker, how did you happen to quote a post from May 31?

CC is finding these out of date posts lately when I click on "Next unread topic" - my usual way to surf CC. CC instituted a one year cut off a few months ago, otherwise there'd be even older ones being resurrected.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

WHat options did they give you and was a full refund offered?

refund of deposit offered and suggested other inferior cruise at different time, which did book unwillingly, but no great compensation even after complaining. no same cabin available, as already booked. so wanted me to pay the same for lesser cabin. 

4 minutes ago, 128plant said:

refund of deposit offered and suggested other inferior cruise at different time, which did book unwillingly, but no great compensation even after complaining. no same cabin available, as already booked. so wanted me to pay the same for lesser cabin. 

Seems to me one of the options should be a full cash refund, especially if they cannot give you at least as good a stateroom on the other cruise.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Seems to me one of the options should be a full cash refund, especially if they cannot give you at least as good a stateroom on the other cruise.

well had only paid the deposit so far so transferred to the alternative sailing but regretting now as not sure really want to do the other itinerary, and am sure the ship going to be totally bunged when they combine two cruises into one. when u are a wheelchair user that experience doesnt turn out to be a cruise but rather a crush experience imho. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 128plant said:

well had only paid the deposit so far so transferred to the alternative sailing but regretting now as not sure really want to do the other itinerary, and am sure the ship going to be totally bunged when they combine two cruises into one. when u are a wheelchair user that experience doesnt turn out to be a cruise but rather a crush experience imho. 

It’s not like they are doubling the number of guests on board.  Every sailing sails at capacity, they can’t add more beyond that.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 128plant said:

when u are a wheelchair user that experience doesnt turn out to be a cruise but rather a crush experience imho. 

As a full time wheelchair pusher (my son is confined to a wheelchair)  I have never experienced a "crush experience". On sea days and when the shops have sale on we do find it takes longer to get from one end of the ship to other. I would be interested if you could explain "crush experience"  in more detail, in case I have misunderstood what you meant. 

9 hours ago, 128plant said:

our last cruise wasnt capacity as a lot of single occupancy or just doubles and no kids either so am not sure that is strictly true but with the new offering our agent advised it was bunged. 

I guess the main difference in capacity is if you are now travelling inside school holiday time and original cruise was outside school holidays. This would mean more triple or quadruple occupancy of cabins. But they do have a limit on how many can be on board. RC are good with activities for children though so they should be busy in their kids clubs etc.