Copenhagen accomodation reommendations

Hi,

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers 10, 14) We will be staying one night in CPH precruise before boarding the Regal in July 2019. Afterwards we will be staying for another 2 nights in CPH to tour around the city and visit Tivoli Garden. Typical like what we have done in previos europe trip it is likely we will need 2 rooms. I currently have on hold the Bella Sky (just because of the cheaper rate I got) , But someone mentioned it is in the middle of no where and it is not that convenient but the hotel itself is great. I am currently considering perhaps for ease of getting around town to keep my Bella Sky for precruise (not sure about transportation to the port though or even anything to do in the area precruise day... our flight arrive early int he morning)... but for sure it may be more logical to change our post cruise to something more conveniently accessible. I am currently considering Les Suites Manon or Trivoli Hotel... anyone has any recommendation on one or the other (looking for convenience , 4* hotel standard,)? or any other similar level hotel? Our flight will be leaving CPH 8am on departure day so  easy transportation to CPH airport early in the departure morning is preferred.

Thanks in advance.

Bella Sky has their own cruise shuttle together with Crowne Plaza so that seems like a good option precruise. 

Post cruise I will suggest CitizenM, The Square and Scandic Palace that all 3 are located close to the central station and Tivoli and actually all 3 are at the town hall square. 

The Tivoli hotel is as the name otherwise suggest not very close to Tivoli, its 15 minutes om foot. 

Manon les suites are also some 15 minutes away but just in the other direction. 

Edited by Danish viking

Hi thx for yr question Bazan and yr answer Danish Viking

Question for you please DV, we are also on the sailing 4 July Princess Baltic Cruise. We have booked and pre-paid at The Phoenix for one night pre cruise, is that in a good spot for sightseeing please?

Also we have a reservation at same hotel /not paid for one night post cruise, which is cancellable.

Given our cruise docks at 5 am and we then have 24 hours in Copenhagen checking in to airport at 6.20 am next day (for an 8.20 am departure), wondering where and which hotel could be best for us. Ideally looking for somewhere nice yet not too pricey. Is that possible?

Ideally wanted one that has pool facilities and somewhere to go like pool /spa at that very early hour to hang out prior to day sightseeing. Thinking best to stay in city rather than near airport and thinking it will take approx half hour to get there next morning? Any opinion much appreciated. thx.

On 5/31/2019 at 3:43 PM, Danish viking said:

Bella Sky has their own cruise shuttle together with Crowne Plaza so that seems like a good option precruise. 

Post cruise I will suggest CitizenM, The Square and Scandic Palace that all 3 are located close to the central station and Tivoli and actually all 3 are at the town hall square. 

The Tivoli hotel is as the name otherwise suggest not very close to Tivoli, its 15 minutes om foot. 

Manon les suites are also some 15 minutes away but just in the other direction. 

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for the reply. I took your advise and investigate on Citizen M , Square and Palace. After getting some quotes, only Palace and Square have room that can accomodate 4 (either with rollaways or sofa beds or 2x connecting rooms), wheareas Citizen M will be 2 rooms (but he cheapest if comparing to the connecting room options with the other 2). My question is which of these you suggest.Citizen M will be the most expensive (considering 2 rooms) when compare to the room + sofa/rollaway options). Is the Square comparable to the palace? unfortunaely it dowsn't look like i can take advantage of any of the breakfast included option with either Square/Palace as they suggest me to leave at 6:30am to catch my 8isham flight on departure date.  Kind of want to experiment with CitizenM is it seems funbut just not sure how smallish (or minimal) the rooms are. What would you suggest?

Thanks again

How much time to you expect to spend in your hotel room?  Because it stays light so late, I expect you will be out sightseeing almost all day—we did.  Therefore, do you really need a 4* hotel?  

If you would be satisfied with a well-situated hotel (walking distance to Nyhavn, Stroget, Tivoli, etc) that has small, but clean, comfortable and quiet rooms, look at the Wakeup Borgegade.  They also have a fabulous breakfast buffet (for a nominal fee).  We loved our stay there—and I think they even have family rooms. 

I am making plans similar to yours (Bella Sky pre-cruise and Citizen M for 3 nights post cruise), but my situation as a solo traveller is quite different from yours. I'm a big fan of the CitizenM brand, and they are great for solos and couples who are VERY comfortable with one another, but I cannot recommend them for families. Rooms are quite small with a king size bed which requires the person sleeping against the window to climb over their sleeping partner if they want to get out of the bed. There is no room for a rollaway bed. Also, the toilet/shower area is separated by frosted glass rather than in a separate bathroom so privacy is limited.

I am staying at the Bella Sky for my 1 night pre-cruise as it offers shuttle service between the hotel and both the airport and the cruise terminal. As far as getting into the city center, it appears that it is a short walk to the subway which can get you to where you want to go. If you're the type who likes to go back to the hotel room throughout the day, though, that's not particularly ideal. I'll be there on 23 June so my firsthand observations may be too late to be useful to you.

I have a question about our room at Scandic Palace......this is our first time in Europe so having a hard time understanding how/why the rooms seem so small!  The room I booked for 3 people - Superior Plus - says 1 king size bed or 2 twins......SURELY, they don't expect 3 people to sleep in the King bed, do they??!?!?!??!

34 minutes ago, lamb616 said:

I have a question about our room at Scandic Palace......this is our first time in Europe so having a hard time understanding how/why the rooms seem so small!  The room I booked for 3 people - Superior Plus - says 1 king size bed or 2 twins......SURELY, they don't expect 3 people to sleep in the King bed, do they??!?!?!??!

Your question made me curious so I just looked at the rooms on their web site, and they certainly don't mention another bed besides the king or two twins, nor do the photos show anything else.  Perhaps they bring in a rollaway, but that's just speculation.  I would suggest sending an email to them and asking:

palace@scandichotels.com

BTW, we stayed at the Scandic Palace last summer.  Great breakfast, and we walked everywhere.  Be sure to ask for a room that does not face City Hall nor have a window/balcony that opens in the same direction as the rooms that do.  Unless something has changed, the bell in the City Hall Clock Tower rings every fifteen minutes from early in the morning until midnight, and on each hour it counts out the time.   Not a problem during the day, but we found it quite disturbing at night. YMMV.  

European hotel rooms are typically very small.  

On 6/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, Turtles06 said:

BTW, we stayed at the Scandic Palace last summer.  Great breakfast, and we walked everywhere.  Be sure to ask for a room that does not face City Hall nor have a window/balcony that opens in the same direction as the rooms that do.  Unless something has changed, the bell in the City Hall Clock Tower rings every fifteen minutes from early in the morning until midnight, and on each hour it counts out the time.   Not a problem during the day, but we found it quite disturbing at night. YMMV.  

I'm excited about staying there, the location seemed ideal.  Good tip on the room, definitely don't want to hear that!

Hi Danish Viking 

I am looking at the reviews for Hotel Absalon they all are positive except the distance to Tivoli, City center, Stroget I don't mind walking 15 to 1/2 hour to all the sites any help will be appreciated.