Costa Rica River Rafting - The Best Excursion Ever!

So_Tweetie

I wanted to share my vlog of river rafting in Puntarenas, Costa Rica on the Corobici river. This turned out to be the best excursion I've ever taken, so much fun and so much wildlife to be seen! This was one of the ports on my full-passage Panama Canal cruise onboard the Coral Princess. I highly recommend this tour, except to those with a fear of being in an inflatable raft close to crocodiles. 😆

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, SimplyMarvie said:

Thanks for this -- we're trying to decide whether to do a similar excursion on our cruise in December. Any thoughts on how it would be for kids? I'm a little nervous about the safety issue.

I don't recall seeing kids during this tour but am not sure if that was due to there not being many on our cruise, or to age restrictions from the tour company. How old are the kids you're thinking of bringing? A few people were frightened by the crocodile we saw but other than that I don't believe the tour is too challenging or dangerous as long as your kept the kids in front of you on the raft so you could keep an eye on them. Have a wonderful cruise in December! 

3 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

I don't recall seeing kids during this tour but am not sure if that was due to there not being many on our cruise, or to age restrictions from the tour company. How old are the kids you're thinking of bringing? A few people were frightened by the crocodile we saw but other than that I don't believe the tour is too challenging or dangerous as long as your kept the kids in front of you on the raft so you could keep an eye on them. Have a wonderful cruise in December! 

Thanks so much for this -- the kids are all ready to go and excited, it's mom who is a little worried about drowning and crocodiles. This helps a lot! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, So_Tweetie said:

I don't recall seeing kids during this tour but am not sure if that was due to there not being many on our cruise, or to age restrictions from the tour company.

I’ve been checking different companies and all have a minimum age of 12, which is a bummer because my youngest one will be 10. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 5:19 AM, Tapi said:

I’ve been checking different companies and all have a minimum age of 12, which is a bummer because my youngest one will be 10. 

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that. I am sure you'll be able to find something fun for the whole family, have a wonderful cruise! 

• Thanks 1