Advice please on Celebration

Hi all, 

We have previously cruised on Discovery 1 & 2 which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Would we be disappointed if we tried the Celebrity? So many mixed reviews as is always the case.

The sail 3 seas itinerary appeals though.

We had thought of trying the new Explorer 2 but Naples airport is putting us of as it is a nightmare.

Also,would the drinks be as good on Celebration as on Discovery 1 & 2?

Explorer 2 drinks would be great i'm sure and adult only too,but we quite fancy Celebration.

Help! Any advice would be much appreciated  😊

20 minutes ago, Hookedoncruising! said:

They are very different but we love both, Celebration is a very small ship but has a great atmosphere. It's difficult to give advice without knowing your likes and dislikes, the basic drinks package is not so good on Celebration but we upgrade on both anyway. 

Hi,

Thanks for replying,it is much appreciated 👍 We didn't upgrade on the drinks package as it had more than enough for us and we really enjoyed what we had. I have read a lot about the staff being great and a really good atmosphere,but also about bad vibrations and it looking a bit shabby.Also the place for the shows wasn't nearly as nice.

We like good food and drinks,the shows, also music/ singers/bands. We like our comfort too which we did get on the Discovery ships. I think it would probably be more sensible to go with the Explorer 2 but as i said Naples airport is awful

...and we do like the itineraries on Celebration. I just wouldn't want us to feel like we were going down the ladder instead of up, for want of a better explanation 😶 Also adults only really does appeal.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I love celebration. But if you’ve been on the discovery ships first you’ll probably find it more like a ferry than a cruise ship. She’s small and friendly but isn’t as luxurious as the newer ships. We’ve just come back from Explorer 2 and it was amazing

Before we went on the Celebration we'd been on a huge Costa ship, P&O and Cunard. Yes, the Celebration is small in comparison and a bit shabbier, but the staff are brilliant, we found the food decent (great in Mistral and the Indian) and the whole atmosphere was excellent. We subsequently went on her again, and enjoyed it just as much. I always cruise for the itinerary and price first, ship second. TBH, I've not had a cruise I didn't enjoy. 

Fully agree with previous post, itinerary has always got to be the first choice, certainly in our way of thinking, so we are trying ' A New Ship '  Explorer 2 out of Naples. But Celebration is a lovely smaller ship - one we have used many times, the last time a Baltic cruise.  If the intinerary was right we would not hesitate to sail on Celebration.