Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

I'm torn between wanting you to book a cruise in the next couple of months because I love following along, or have you join my wife and I on our 30th anniversary (six months late) cruise 1/20/20 on the Reflection.
Either way, you two are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

7 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We booked the 4 hour tour of Acadia National Park with Olli's Trolley and were not disappointed.  We booked online a few months prior.  We sat on the side behind driver and think it is the best side to sit on, imo.  I had read this tip before tour and agree with it.

Also did Oli's Trolley last month  and was happy.  Sat on the drivers side as per what I read online too. 

• Thanks 1

I think we are all sad it feels like we are soon to disembark too. I do still have most of  your  first cruise to catch up on . Well done Jim and Iain your posts  have been most enjoyable and very informative with  stunning photos too. You deserve a cruise critic award Thankyou so much and safe travel back home. 🙂 cheers Judith

New Uork is beautiful but going to be a scorcher.    Disembarkation began at 8:15 for walk off.  Tons of them.   We left at 8:30.   No lines and no immigration since we cleared in Boston. 

Uber is just around the corner area 7,8 and 9.  Cost to be 18.00.   Cars are a little slow with a 17 minute wait. 

C968BF76-E827-4EB4-9A34-7FCF675DED46.thumb.jpeg.8e1276cc5d1ee0d8a81eb8fa941d1b67.jpeg

E9B2A760-930F-40E0-8E7D-81544D027EFF.thumb.png.6fa2181992919eae38f6c93bbbf2f183.png

9433820F-FF8A-4F10-B3C6-6CD402273F63.thumb.jpeg.dca74ee389bc1805794c2e470a175e64.jpeg

22 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Jim:

Before you get off would it be possible to see if you can find someone who drove to the port and ask them if the parking garage was open to Summit passengers.  Last year it was not.   Thanks

Great question. We were on the Anthem in January, and parked on the first floor of the garage. On June 5th the first floor was taken and we had to park on the second floor for our trip on the Summit. 

Just a quick checkpoint.  

Time from ship to Uber area  10 minutes 

Uber wait - 18 minutes 

Uber ride to airport 25 minutes. 

Checkin United express. 10 minutes 

TSA Pre. - 5 minutes 

By 9:45 we were at our gate for a 12:00 flight.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, CruisinCons said:

Thank you so much for this amazing live blog!  I wish I had found it as it was beginning, not 34 pages in. 😄 

We're on Summit in October for the repo, and it will be our first Celebrity cruise.  We're coming in as Elite thanks to our sailings with RCCL so very excited to experience all she has to offer. 

We're also in Aquaclass, and am very thankful you've shared all the menus.  We've recently changed to plant-based eating, and love all the vegetarian options that I don't get now from RCCL.

Question: is there breakfast offered in Blu?  I know we can go to the CC breakfast, but thought I read that Blu offered breakfast as well.

Yes Blu, Luminea and MDR all offer breakfast daily.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Minya said:

What about using  your free cruise on October 5 next year -Summit ? Would  repeat some  of what youve done on this one  but will go to Canada too.Could well be good fall colours too. Thats mine not free though!

Looking at it but may to be too close to our B2B 

14 hours ago, Mike981 said:

I'm torn between wanting you to book a cruise in the next couple of months because I love following along, or have you join my wife and I on our 30th anniversary (six months late) cruise 1/20/20 on the Reflection.
Either way, you two are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Thank Mike.   Our 30th is on Sunday.  It is amazing how time flies.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

Great question. We were on the Anthem in January, and parked on the first floor of the garage. On June 5th the first floor was taken and we had to park on the second floor for our trip on the Summit. 

I checked with another cruiser that parked in garage.   They said it was easy and lots of spaces.   $20.00 per day. 

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank Mike.   Our 30th is on Sunday.  It is amazing how time flies.  

Happy Anniversary...we are celebrating our 30th on the first of July.  

If I remember correctly...Hugh Hefner was married that day too (one of his three marriages)!

• Like 1

Jim_Iian  Thank you for taking me along on your Summit b2b cruise.  I love following your cruise blogs..you're the best!  Although I live on the East Coast, I've never been to Bar Harbor, nor Kennebunkport.  Looks like a road trip is in my near future!! Safe travels.  Looking forward to your next adventure!!!!😊😎😊

4 hours ago, Blizzard56 said:

Happy Anniversary...we are celebrating our 30th on the first of July.  

If I remember correctly...Hugh Hefner was married that day too (one of his three marriages)!

Happy Anniversary to you as well. 🙂

Thanks for the review, I really enjoyed following along on your journey. I've never thought much about going to Bermuda, but thanks to you I definitely want to go now, and am trying to convince my husband it needs to be our next cruise, after we go to Alaska next year.