Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

We had a very smooth trip home.   I wanted to thank everyone who joined in our adventure and all the good information that you helped share.   I will also be going through withdrawals from hearing fro all of you.

We flew non-stop on a United 757 with lie flat beds in business class.    I had snagged two exit row seats when we first booked and were very comfortable.    Surprisingly United served a full Hot Lunch and snacks which was actually very tasty.

This morning was the real challenge of hopping on the scale to see what damage the cruise may have done.   I was happy to find that we didn't gain a pound.   All that walking must have paid off.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, goldsmip115 said:

They are the two nicest celebrities that I have ever met!  We are looking forward to dinner with them in Luminae tonight.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Last evening we were enjoyed a wonderful evening as the guest of Trish, Karen and George at Luminea.   The only thing better than the food was the warm company.  

We chose the starter and desert from Chef Michaels signature menu.   We all had lobster as a main.  Beautifully prepared and delicious.  

8DD5E934-8325-4C07-A381-7431699A4055.thumb.jpeg.bde4d7eab06ca1f798aec9e9173b3c4c.jpeg

E3F24967-667B-4CCD-AC20-956DAD60785E.thumb.jpeg.018d69bb1eddb132f1ddc9ef8249906c.jpeg

Hi Trish and Karen!

I hope you're still following this thread/review.

I stumbled on it while researching pics of renovations of the ship for our upcoming and very first B2B in October.  Lo and behold there you lovely ladies were!  Hey I recognized you!  Enjoyed meeting you and, also, the PH tour back, wow, 2 years ago on our first Bermuda cruise.  Do you remember us?  My husband always wore Aloha shirts and even had a formal night Aloha shirt.

Hope all is well!

Wendy and Joe

Edited by njaloha

• 6 months later...
On 6/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, travelers07 said:

At lunch today, we were seated at the railing with a nice view to the lower dining room. We were at a 2 top with another 2 top separated by about 3 inches. The waiters could not get to our table to set anything down and actually reached in front of the diners at the other table to hand us our filled water glasses, bread basket, and plates of food. When we left the table, our neighbors had to get out of their chairs to let us out.

Our regular table is at the back of the upper dining room. Just walking to our table before anyone is seated requires moving chairs so we can pass. After dinner, if we leave before everyone clears out, finding a path is frustrating.

This is our 3rd time on Summit- we are lowly Elite. 😊 I don’t recall ever having this problem on Summit or any other cruise ship including HAL or Princess. Did the designers not measure space with people in the chairs? The tables seem bigger maybe, or maybe the chairs are longer front to back?

im a newbie and been reading this thread the past few days and find it VERY informative. i love looking at the menus and dailies and it's a great primer for me to learn about the ship.  the seating issue in MDR and even blu seems to be something mgmt didnt realize. or didnt care about. which is worse? Plus id hate to have to shove my butt in someones face (and vice versa) to shimmy to the back of a table. 

also it's crazy there are only single sofas in the lower end cabins now. such a simple thing you expect even in the cheapest of cruise lines.  it's also very apparent that they want you to buy specialty meals or upgrade your room if you dont do MDR and buffet every nite