Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked

we have been booked and paid .Why are we getting above message. We got into meet and mingle for our October2019 cruise.This is for Celebrity Silouhette on March 15-27   2020out of Fort L! Been to MANY M and M and NEVER had this prob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at the most recent posts on the Roll Call for your cruise, I see that as of May 22, 2019, there were 16 people registered for your Connections Party, and as of today, June 1, there were 20 people registered, so it seems that the registration process is working. 

I know from our cruise last fall on Celebrity that there have sometimes been problems on Celebrity's end when folks have tried to register for the Connections party -- could you post a screen shot of the actual message you are getting when you try to register?    I assume that you are going to this page to register and completing the form on the left side of the page:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

If it is as it used to be back when I was Cruise Critic Host Kat >^..^< 2005 - 2015, the X website party registration page would not allow those of us in group bookings through a TA or anyone else booked through a TA to register until after X received all the $$ in full from the TA. (Remember when booked through a TA, the TA owns the booking, not you.) Those booked direct with X and paid in full would usually be able to register much quicker. That is... IF X's party registration page was working correctly. It has a looooong history of being wonky at times.

From the bottom of X's party registration page at https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections: Any questions or comments related to Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections may be emailed to connections@celebrity.com.

From past experience, calling X Customer Service or Captains Club is usually not successful. They tell you to contact Cruise Critic. This is entirely NOT correct as the party registration page is on their website, not Cruise Critic. See the sticky from our Senior Manager Community  LauraS titled Celebrity Connections Registration Issues at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1868730-celebrity-connections-registration-issues/.

Hopefully, X will be able to help you at the e-mail address they show on their party registration page mentioned above.

Good luck!

Edited to add: I am presently booked on a group cruise through a TA for an April 4, 2020 cruise on Summit. Our final payment date is in December 2019 so the TA has not been paid in full to be able to pay X in full. I get the same error message you get.

Kat 😺

Edited by TxCityKat
additional info

I booked our meet and mingle for our October cruise in March!!! Something is NOT correct. We booked with Crucon and have Never had this issue in 10 years!We sig EARLY for M and M.Others are IN so something is not right.we book MOST thru them and DO take Equinox altho this in March 2020 is Silhouette!

The celebrity email did NOT work and I can work a computer

11 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

Edited to add: I am presently booked on a group cruise through a TA for an April 4, 2020 cruise on Summit. Our final payment date is in December 2019 so the TA has not been paid in full to be able to pay X in full. I get the same error message you get.

Kat, that is very interesting.   In five Celebrity Roll Calls, including a current one, I've never seen anyone report not being able to register for a Connections party as soon as they've booked, whether directly with X or through a TA; it's had nothing to do with final payment/payment in full.   Indeed, we've routinely exceeded the minimum necessary for the party well before final payment.   I wonder if there's some hitch because it's a group cruise, and/or whether Celebrity has changed its policy as to such cruises.   

In any event,  as you said, it would seem to be a Celebrity issue, not a Cruise Critic issue, since the Connections Party registration page is on Celebrity's web site.  Unfortunately, as @PIXEYLOU reports above, the Celebrity email address given on the Connections page as a contact (connections@celebrity.com) is invalid; I just tried to send to it and my email came back as undeliverable because there's no such address at that domain or it was "unavailable."

@PIXEYLOU    Does your Celebrity account on line show that you are booked with a reservation number?  (That's of course what you need to register for the Connections party as you know).  For some reason, it seems the Celebrity Connections page is not showing you as "booked."  Are you booked through a TA for the Silhouette cruise?  If so, perhaps you can get them to call Celebrity for you.   If not, or if this is not part of their job, I do think you will need to call Celebrity.   I would start with the Captain's Club (even if folks have not been successful there before), and calmly and politely explain what is going on (including that the contact email address they give on their own site for dealing with problems here) does not work.

Good luck and let us know what happens.  (And please remember that the posters here are trying to help you, so that lots of exclamation points and upper case letters -- the cyberworld equivalent of shouting -- are unnecessary. :classic_smile:

Edited by Turtles06

It's not booking through a TA that is the problem.  It is when that TA has booked you on a group fare, whether there really is a 'group'.  Until everyone booked in that 'group' has made final payment, no individual is considered paid.  EM