Half Moon Cay Question

Raxter54

When I was there last, I rented a clam shell.  Each clam shell has two loungers.  To rent them, you go to a small rental area right as you get to the beach.  It was worth it.  It is even better than an umbrella because it provides more shade.

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

There are also plenty of loungers under the palm trees....shade isn't hard to find.

This.

Last time there, my wife and I rented Cabana 11, which is a little way down the beach.  In front of the cabana, there were a lot of the loungers that were shaded by the palm trees.  Unless they have cut down the trees (unlikely), you shouldn't have an issue finding shade.

Garnett

You can move your loungers...drag one under a tree!  Be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen for the baby....that sun is HOT and "shade" doesn't mean you won't be getting sun....just won't be as hot!

• 1 month later...

There are no umbrellas for rent.  It might depend on whether you're on a HAL or Carnival ship if you can rent the clamshells in advance.  You can on HAL.  They are listed as an excursion for HMC.  We were there back in April of this year with two ships (Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam) and all clamshells were sold out by the time we got to HMC, so I'd recommend reserving in advance if you can.