Mini Bar Setup

Birdieman1

We have a 20 day cruise booked out of FLL, we have one booking number, but the ship returns to FLL after the first leg of the cruise, my wife says we will only get one mini bar setup and I say we will get two setups, I called Princess and was told two different answers, which one person said yes and the other said no, as it is under one voyage number, I am sure in the past we had two mini setups, and they weren’t booked as back to backs, I see a lot of different info on Cruise Critic, so am I right or will my wife win on this issue. Thanks for your help

I’ve had the same experience as others to receive a minibar for each shorter cruise within a longer booking.

In the Cruise History of the Captain’s Circle account it shows how many credits we receive for each reservation.  My 28-day cruise later this year can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises.  Thus I’m receiving 3 cruise credits which has always resulted in 3 minibars.

On a 20 day cruise that can be booked as B2B 10-day cruises you should receive 2 minibars.

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve had the same experience as others to receive a minibar for each shorter cruise within a longer booking.

In the Cruise History of the Captain’s Circle account it shows how many credits we receive for each reservation.  My 28-day cruise later this year can be booked as 7-7-14 day cruises.  Thus I’m receiving 3 cruise credits which has always resulted in 3 minibars.

On a 20 day cruise that can be booked as B2B 10-day cruises you should receive 2 minibars.

That’s the way I see it as well

The folks in Room Service that stock the minibars have no idea who is on a B2B.  They just stock rooms that have an Elite in them at the start of each cruise.  If second cruise is sold separately, it is a new cruise.  You will also get internet benefits as two separate cruises.  But you likely can't even log into the second set of minutes until you use up the first set.  Sometimes you need to see the Internet Cafe Manager if you are changing rooms, but since you have a single booking number you obviously are not.

49 minutes ago, LeeW said:

The folks in Room Service that stock the minibars have no idea who is on a B2B.  They just stock rooms that have an Elite in them at the start of each cruise.  If second cruise is sold separately, it is a new cruise.  You will also get internet benefits as two separate cruises.  But you likely can't even log into the second set of minutes until you use up the first set.  Sometimes you need to see the Internet Cafe Manager if you are changing rooms, but since you have a single booking number you obviously are not.

On B2B cruises I’ve called Room Service near the end of the first cruise to place an order for the second cruise.  They were happy to make one minibar deliver & to not have to return to exchange it.

On our recent B2B 7-day cruises on a MedallionClass ship (Royal) even though we had 2 booking numbers they considered it a 14 day cruise with 250 free minutes.  As two 7-day cruises that would be 300 minutes & some posted by going to the Internet Cafe the missing 50 minutes were added.  So the experience was different for a ship that has MedallionClass.

We were in the same cabin but have read posts that even when switching cabins the Medallion was able to access the 2nd cabin during turnaround day.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have a 14 day cruise booked with 1 booking number.  It can be sold as 14 or 7 days.  I emailed Captain Circle and gave them my booking number and asked the question 1 or 2 mini bar set up and was told I would get 2.

6 hours ago, phabric said:

I have a 14 day cruise booked with 1 booking number.  It can be sold as 14 or 7 days.  I emailed Captain Circle and gave them my booking number and asked the question 1 or 2 mini bar set up and was told I would get 2.

You'll get two setups no matter if you booked it as one 14 day trip or two individual 7 day trips.

You'll also get two cruise credits no matter how it was booked & it'll be automatically applied to your Princess history account.