Hop-on Hop-off in Corfu - any reviews?

bluecruise1

15 hours ago, bluecruise1 said:

Has anyone taken the Hop-on hop-off tour bus in Corfu?  It looks like a pleasant way to spend the day but I'd love to hear your reviews of it.

Thanks!

Same here!  We are planning on doing that in Corfu, as it looks like it stops right by the pier.  Tripadvisor reviews aren't so great, so we are a bit worried.  Seems the major complaint is the wait time between buses if you get off - up to one hour.   If we don't do the hop on hop off we may just grab a taxi into town.  

No need to get a taxi into Corfu town from the dock. It's an easy walk. We waited and got the bus in but walked back along the front it was an easy flat walk. On the way in the bus dropped us at the little park on the front close to the New Fort. From there you crossed the road and you join the maze of little streets full of shops. Walk through to the Liston and across the park and road is the Old Fort really worth a visit good views from the top. New fort is in a dangerous state of repair and was closed last summer when we visited the island.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 7:50 AM, pe4all said:

Same here!  We are planning on doing that in Corfu, as it looks like it stops right by the pier.  Tripadvisor reviews aren't so great, so we are a bit worried.  Seems the major complaint is the wait time between buses if you get off - up to one hour.   If we don't do the hop on hop off we may just grab a taxi into town.  

I looked at the map for the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus and there are 2 lines.  One goes to the Acheillon palace (I'm sure I didn't spell that right, lol) and the other goes to more spots that I think we'd like to stop at.  The line with the palace runs much less frequently, so that could be why reviews complained about how long people waited.  Maybe they didn't realize the two lines had different schedules?  You can buy tickets for either line or for both.  Check this out:  https://city-sightseeing.com/en/44/corfu/335/hop-on-hop-off-corfu

Now I'm debating a beach trip because friends suggested Glyfada beach.  Guess tonight I'll have to see what my family wants to do. 

19 hours ago, bluecruise1 said:

I looked at the map for the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus and there are 2 lines.  One goes to the Acheillon palace (I'm sure I didn't spell that right, lol) and the other goes to more spots that I think we'd like to stop at.  The line with the palace runs much less frequently, so that could be why reviews complained about how long people waited.  Maybe they didn't realize the two lines had different schedules?  You can buy tickets for either line or for both.  Check this out:  https://city-sightseeing.com/en/44/corfu/335/hop-on-hop-off-corfu

Now I'm debating a beach trip because friends suggested Glyfada beach.  Guess tonight I'll have to see what my family wants to do. 

I also saw there was a definite time difference (1 hour for achillion line and 15 minutes for kanoni line bus frequency) between the 2 lines.  We would be interested in the kanoni line, I think.  Will have to discuss it with dh and decide whether to do the hop on hop off, or just head into town by ourselves.

Traffic in and around Corfu Town gets horrendously congested during tourist season. I suspect it is one reason why, like in Rome, the HOHO concept doesn't work very well. Buses get stuck in the traffic and don't come often, then people become worried that if they get off, they won't get back on -- so they stay on, and others waiting at stops to get on aren't able to -- no seats!!

I think I'd simply look for a way to get into Corfu Town and walk around on my own. It's small and most sights are not far apart.

For the person suggesting it was walkable from port -- yes, it is flat but it is a fair distance and seems pretty long when it's hot....

No need to take the HOHO bus in Corfu. The center is a short walk or you can take the buses organized from your cruise line that take you just in front of the Fort. Then you walk in town and explore on your own. Easy and more fun!