Barcelona- EZ Air question?

KruzPrincess

I’m looking at a cruise that ends in Barcelona. The best EZ air flight for me is at 10:30 AM. That seems awfully early to me, but would Princess offer it if there was a big risk that you couldn’t make the flight? My friend thinks that it must be safe if they’re offering it. I’m not quite so trusting? What’s your experience in Barcelona??? Should I be concerned? Thanks. 

Yes, it should be fine if Princess is offering it.  The airport isn't that far away and if you're arriving on a Sat./Sun., the traffic should be lighter.  Without traffic, it only takes 15 mins. to get there.  Most people I know allow about 30-45 mins. if traffic is really bad.

• Like 1

But you have to allow for check in at the airport.  It has taken us 1 hour before when checking one bag.  So I would allow 2 hours and 1/5 from leaving the cabin to being at the gate using walk off and a taxi.

Edited by happy cruzer
  • Like 1

We have done this several times because most of the international flights are before noon in order to make connections in other European cities.

Correct.....if it was an issue Princess would not offer it.

Just be in the first walk off group with your luggage if you are concerned.

• Like 2

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

According to the flight guidelines on the Princess website:

Barcelona

[...]

Disembarking Passengers
For voyages arriving in Barcelona, the earliest flight departure is 4 hours and 15 minutes after ship's arrival.

Since most of the Barcelona disembarkations list arrival time as 5:00, any flight after 9:15 is fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fishywood said:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

According to the flight guidelines on the Princess website:

Barcelona

[...]

Disembarking Passengers
For voyages arriving in Barcelona, the earliest flight departure is 4 hours and 15 minutes after ship's arrival.

Since most of the Barcelona disembarkations list arrival time as 5:00, any flight after 9:15 is fine.

Thanks! That’s good to know. 

Just returned EZ Air from Barcelona on May 18th. Had an American flight at 9:35 am and had absolutely NO problem. In fact, we sat waiting to board the flight for over 1 1/2 hours after checking our luggage and getting to the gate. Relax and book it!

If you are flying home for a cruise with EZ Air that you need to book a Princess transfer to the airport to get the flight  covered by EZ Air. Also depending on your flight time you may have to wait for the air line check in counter to open. It all depends on your flight time and the air line you are flying. Also after security keep checking your boarding gate they change ours with no announcement. Just happen to check a screen listing flights.

Also you pick up you luggage inside of the terminal when using a Princess transfer. The Princess rep will tell you where to get your luggage to check it in for your flight.

Hope you have a great cruise. 

• Like 1