Amex offer

sambamama

39 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Yeah disappointing. Looks like hardly anyone is getting this deal so far. 

It may be that they are not offering it to people who have had previous charges from HAL. Also, in the past it's been for all Carnival brands, not just HAL.  Either way, I don't have it on any of my cards this time.

3 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

They may say new bookings but those of us who have used the offer in the past know that this is not true. In reality, they have no idea of knowing whether it's for a new booking or payment on an existing reservation. All that matters is that the charge comes thru from the correct merchant, Holland America Reservations.

I agree with you, but you never know when it might change, so I just wanted to alert people to that.

10 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I agree with you, but you never know when it might change, so I just wanted to alert people to that.

If you say so. However, the fact remains that they have no way of knowing that it's a new booking when the charge comes thru, so it is virtually impossible for it to be enforced.

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

They may say new bookings but those of us who have used the offer in the past know that this is not true. In reality, they have no idea of knowing whether it's for a new booking or payment on an existing reservation. All that matters is that the charge comes thru from the correct merchant, Holland America Reservations.

Yes, make sure it comes through as the cruise line, not a TA. Actually you should never use a TA who does anything with the payment than putting it directly to the cruise line.

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, make sure it comes through as the cruise line, not a TA. Actually you should never use a TA who does anything with the payment than putting it directly to the cruise line.

That's definitely true but I don't know of any reputable agent that puts the charge thru themselves. It would mean they have to pay the credit card fee rather than the cruise line.

2 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

That's definitely true but I don't know of any reputable agent that puts the charge thru themselves. It would mean they have to pay the credit card fee rather than the cruise line.

I agree, but I'm sure that unfortunately there are some TAs that are not reputable.

I'm sure I have read in the past on these boards of cruisers who have had this happen. And if something goes wrong and the TA goes bankrupt, the cruise line does not have the payment and that is a major problem.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I agree, but I'm sure that unfortunately there are some TAs that are not reputable.

I'm sure I have read in the past on these boards of cruisers who have had this happen. And if something goes wrong and the TA goes bankrupt, the cruise line does not have the payment and that is a major problem.

Agree, and the same reason why you shouldn't be paying by check made payable to the travel agent (and it's not clear you could make a check payable to the cruise line).

So if we book a new HAL itinerary directly through HAL on AMEX, will we automatically receive this $150 credit or do we need a code?  

Then...how long do we have to transfer this directly booked cruise to a TA to receive any additional discounts that the TA May offer?  

Or is this combination possible?

Thank you

11 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

So if we book a new HAL itinerary directly through HAL on AMEX, will we automatically receive this $150 credit or do we need a code?  

Then...how long do we have to transfer this directly booked cruise to a TA to receive any additional discounts that the TA May offer?  

Or is this combination possible?

Thank you

Have you ever used amex offers? You need to log into your online amex account and activate the offer for your card. Once the offer is activated, you can book.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

Have you ever used amex offers? You need to log into your online amex account and activate the offer for your card. Once the offer is activated, you can book.

I have used it for simple more retail types of offers, but will log in now for this. Thank you very much. This helped me with part of my post so I appreciate it. Thank 

31 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I have used it for simple more retail types of offers, but will log in now for this. Thank you very much. This helped me with part of my post so I appreciate it. Thank 

Works the same ss the retail offers.

I have not seen the offer yet. Our extended family has 5 amex cards. For example, only one of us got the Princess deal this past month so we paid off my mil's dec cruise with it. Waiting on the HAL ones. We used the last ones on our May cruise.

As for transferring, I don't think the offer makes any difference.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

I have not seen the offer yet. Our extended family has 5 amex cards. For example, only one of us got the Princess deal this past month so we paid off my mil's dec cruise with it. Waiting on the HAL ones. We used the last ones on our May cruise.

As for transferring, I don't think the offer makes any difference.

Good luck!

I have a total of 20 cards across me, my wife and my kids' AU cards on my accounts. None have this offer. Would not be surprised if it's not being given to people who have previously made a HAL purchase on their cards, but we'll have to wait and see. I used to hear rumors of Celebrity offers but never saw those. I think I did have the Princess offer on all of our logins.

2 hours ago, palolake said:

The offer is there on our Every day Blue Card.  It's good until sometime in August.

Has anyone used it towards an existing booking?

Can you post the link here please?    I never get it on Bonvoy/Starwood but usually can add/get it if someone post the link.

Thanks much,

Peter

32 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

Can you post the link here please?    I never get it on Bonvoy/Starwood but usually can add/get it if someone post the link.

Thanks much,

Peter

Sorry, my husband's out of the country and I'm not real computer savvy 😞 I don't think it would help.  I have to go into the card and then add it to get the offer.  We also have a branded AMEX card and we can't get the offers on it.  So we eventually just applied for the Everyday Blue card.  It's free and it's really easy to add the deals to the card.  Why not get it?  It's had every Carnival and Holland offer. I'm sorry I couldn't help with the link but I really don't think you could use it. 

20 minutes ago, palolake said:

Sorry, my husband's out of the country and I'm not real computer savvy 😞 I don't think it would help.  I have to go into the card and then add it to get the offer.  We also have a branded AMEX card and we can't get the offers on it.  So we eventually just applied for the Everyday Blue card.  It's free and it's really easy to add the deals to the card.  Why not get it?  It's had every Carnival and Holland offer. I'm sorry I couldn't help with the link but I really don't think you could use it. 

====

You are the greatest!   Thank you.   Blue card just applied for and coming in three days.   There is a promo as well.  Spend $1,000 first three months and receive credit of $150 on next statement.

Peter

14 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

====

You are the greatest!   Thank you.   Blue card just applied for and coming in three days.   There is a promo as well.  Spend $1,000 first three months and receive credit of $150 on next statement.

Peter

Glad I could help.  Enjoy your free $150!!

24 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

====

Peter

BTW, my husband and I each have a card.  We both apply for the deal and we each get it.

1 hour ago, SFO PETER said:

====

Peter

There's really no guarantee that you will have the offer. Many of us here have Blue cards and do not have the offer. I just checked again, and still no offer.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

There is no link this time like there has been when it's the Carnival WLCL offer. You need to find it under your "My Offers" list when you login.

17 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

There's really no guarantee that you will have the offer. Many of us here have Blue cards and do not have the offer. I just checked again, and still no offer.

I have two Am Ex cards (Hilton and Delta) and nothing here either.

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

There is no link this time like there has been when it's the Carnival WLCL offer. You need to find it under your "My Offers" list when you login.

Yes,  I looked today under "My Offers" as well - it is not there.    It has never been there for Bonvoy/Starwood.   We will see when get new "Blue Card".

Peter

1 hour ago, SFO PETER said:

Yes,  I looked today under "My Offers" as well - it is not there.    It has never been there for Bonvoy/Starwood.   We will see when get new "Blue Card".

Peter

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I have two Am Ex cards (Hilton and Delta) and nothing here either.

As a rule, co-branded AMEX cards from travel companies do not get offers for other travel providers (even if cruise companies aren't really competitors for hotel companies). Similarly, when AMEX issued the Costco card they did not have offers from many retailers that were on other cards.

Edited by MisterBill99

I just called Amex. I explained that I am reading online about this offer and that I can not locate In my account. Her first response was ‘you have the Gold Travel Card, if you upgrade to Platinum it is available to you’. I shared that blue cards were receiving this. She put me on hold. Came back with a points offer for HAL booking - couldn’t locate a money back offer.  I read to her the wording that taba posted. Placed on hold again. Response was ‘these come from the back office’. Responded - Can I speak with the back office?  No, they don’t speak with customers. So how do I get offers that are relevant to me to entice me to use Amex more (although I already use it too much!) since I have been with Amex over 20 years. She said she would send a note to the back office, but ‘it could take a very long time’.  🤦‍♀️🤬