Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
jdr1000

On Board Credit reserve in advance

I just made the booking for the family, we have about 500 of on board credit. However, when I reserve online restaurants and activities the Royal Caribbean website is giving me a total to charge on checkout.. Will this be on my cruise bill or do I have to use my credit card now and this will not touch my on board credit balance?

If I would like this to be used from that On Board Credit, does it mean I am not able to reserve in advance?

Thank you 

If it is from Royal, it should show up in advance.  If it is from your TA, it will not show up till after you board.  If it is from Visa rewards, it will show up a couple weeks before sailing.

2 hours ago, jdr1000 said:

I just made the booking for the family, we have about 500 of on board credit. However, when I reserve online restaurants and activities the Royal Caribbean website is giving me a total to charge on checkout.. Will this be on my cruise bill or do I have to use my credit card now and this will not touch my on board credit balance?

If I would like this to be used from that On Board Credit, does it mean I am not able to reserve in advance?

Thank you 

If you cannot use on board credit to reserve, then you will have to pay by credit card.  Royal does not put pre-cruise purchases on your cruise bill.