Marella Discovery Where Do You Store Cases?

LJD1991

We go on our first cruise 9th June to the fjords. We have a inside cabin on the Marella Discovery. Just wondered if theres storage space for cases as ours are quiet large.

Also is the water out the bathroom tap safe to drink as we are taking water bottles for day trips. 

Any advice and tips welcome. 

Thank you. 

The Marella forum here on Cruisecritic is the best place to post your questions. Your suitcases can be opened and stored under the beds or in the wardrobes.

the bathroom tap water is safe to drink but I think you get a water carafe in the cabin that you can fill from the water dispensers on the passenger decks. these deliver chilled filtered water. Do not fill your water bottles direct from the dispenser.

Please do not use your water carafe as a flower vase !!

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic,

Haven't sailed Discovery, but the usual place is under the bed. If your cases are fat hard-shell you may have to have them open to slide under. Save wardrobe space by using them to store clothes and stuff that you're not likely to need during the cruise.

Tap water is perfectly safe to drink but usually tepid because it's stored in tanks rather than underground as at home. I don't now if Explorer cabins have fridges - if so, maintain a decent supply in the fridge. If not, fill the carafe with mainly ice from the drinks stations / bars - and mebbe cover the top to keep the cool in.

If you're struggling to find your way round Cruise Critic (I know I did at first), here's a link to the Marella forum mentioned by Dave

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/388-marella-cruises-formerly-thomson/

JB :classic_smile:

30 minutes ago, LJD1991 said:

Thank you very much for your help sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. Newbie mistake 🙂

No worries. It’s not the *wrong* place. There’s just a better forum for answering your question. This forum is general and the Marella thread is more specific. I’m quite a newbie myself and most folks here are helpful and friendly and point you in the right direction. Enjoy your cruise.