Can we wing it in St. Lucia?

cruisin' soon

9 hours ago, cruisin' soon said:

Family of 5 adults - probably just want to do a tour of the "sights"  - Pitons, etc.  Do we need to find a tour guide ahead of time or is it safe to just book someone at the port that morning to take us on a private tour?

You can book with operators at the pier, there will be loads awking their tours 

Best to have a good idea of what stops you definitely want to see - the main tour sites includes Pitons, volcano and mud baths, waterfall dip, quick beach stop. 

Generally around $60-75 pp.   Ask whether your price includes the entrance fees, any drinks or lunch, etc 

The pre-booked tours usually include all of that, which makes a bug difference along the way 

Enjoy 

Edited by reedprincess

On 6/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, cruisin' soon said:

Family of 5 adults - probably just want to do a tour of the "sights"  - Pitons, etc.  Do we need to find a tour guide ahead of time or is it safe to just book someone at the port that morning to take us on a private tour?

Yes, I would book a tour ahead of time on St. Lucia, know exactly where I'm going, how I'm getting there, what I'm seeing and what I'm going to do for my day.

This is a great island I wouldn't take the chance of blowing it by waiting until the morning I got on the island to book a tour. Email Cosol or Spencer, and forget it. Really.

13 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Yes, I would book a tour ahead of time on St. Lucia, know exactly where I'm going, how I'm getting there, what I'm seeing and what I'm going to do for my day.

This is a great island I wouldn't take the chance of blowing it by waiting until the morning I got on the island to book a tour. Email Cosol or Spencer, and forget it. Really.

Absolutely true !!!! We did the Cosol tour and it was one of the best. Don't leave it to chance OP not worth it at all !!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2019 at 2:01 AM, Ashland said:

Really ? Very surprised !! But glad it worked out for you.

That is very surprising, considering all the other great options on St. Lucia. I did a ship's tour on St. Lucia back in 2002 it was at best ok. Did Cosol and Spencer's twice and would never consider another ship tour on St. Lucia.  Sounds like you had a great time though. :classic_blink:

• Like 1