What have they done to your Cuba cruise?

10 minutes ago, mrgame101 said:

I just checked online for 06/15 Majesty and appears day 4 is Nassau. Which is what I expected

I see that too. Wonder if we will get some sort of credit?

17 minutes ago, bobbyandali said:

I can only travel to Cuba, if I'm not on a cruise ship, and I already booked it. 

That's a significant set of restrictions.

You can still travel under these OFAC licenses: family visits; official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations; journalistic activity; professional research and professional meetings; educational activities; religious activities; public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions; support for the Cuban people; humanitarian projects; activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes; exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials; and certain authorized export transactions.

2 minutes ago, mrgame101 said:

I am thinking that will be in the official email that should come around 6pm? 

If we get the 50% off deal that the cruises leaving today and tomorrow are getting, I would be good with that.

1 minute ago, rghermes said:

If we get the 50% off deal that the cruises leaving today and tomorrow are getting, I would be good with that.

I agree! I am not expecting that much, but will be happy with that!!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can still travel under these OFAC licenses: family visits; official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations; journalistic activity; professional research and professional meetings; educational activities; religious activities; public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions; support for the Cuban people; humanitarian projects; activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes; exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials; and certain authorized export transactions.

BUT YOU CAN'T TRAVEL ON A CRUISE BOAT.

Why is this so hard to understand? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rghermes said:

At some point, soon, no one will get Credit. Usually offered only week or two. Feel for you but stuff like this happens, had dozens Port changes over the yrs...

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

At some point, soon, no one will get Credit. Usually offered only week or two. Feel for you but stuff like this happens, had dozens Port changes over the yrs...

Fully Understand. My cruise leaves in less than a week.

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

This situation is different. Older ships that normally would be retired and sent to Pullmantur. Prices were set high just because of porting in Cuba as mentioned many times here.

I went on Empress back in July 2016 before the Cuba cruises began. Paid a much lower price than what the Cuba sailings were priced at. I was happy as the price was very good and I like the older and smaller ships. I know I am in the minority in my preference though.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, rghermes said:

Same here... leaving this Saturday. No official word from RC yet.

When I log in to my RC account the new itinerary appears.. when I go to the cruise planner, Havana is still there.

Just posted on https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates and tweeted out....

Effective immediately, the U.S. government has implemented new regulations that prohibits travel from the U.S. to Cuba by cruise ship. This change requires us to immediately replace all Cuban ports. For all 2019 sailings on both Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas, we have secured alternative ports and we are in the process of communicating the new itineraries to our guests and travel partners. For these guests, they will have the option of remaining on their sailing with the new itinerary and receiving a 50% refund or they may cancel their cruise and receive a full refund.

For 2020 sailings on both Majesty and Empress of the Seas, we are working to secure alternative itineraries and expect to be able to communicate to our guests and travel partners within the next week. 

We are sorry for this unexpected and sudden change to our guests’ upcoming vacations and appreciate their understanding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cuba Travel Policy Update - June 05, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. (EDT)

Royal Caribbean's Facebook for Live UpdatesRoyal Caribbean's Twitter for Live UpdatesRoyal Caribbean's Instagram for Live Updates

Effective immediately, the U.S. government has implemented new regulations that prohibits travel from the U.S. to Cuba by cruise ship. This change requires us to immediately replace all Cuban ports. For all 2019 sailings on both Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas, we have secured alternative ports and we are in the process of communicating the new itineraries to our guests and travel partners. For these guests, they will have the option of remaining on their sailing with the new itinerary and receiving a 50% refund or they may cancel their cruise and receive a full refund.

For 2020 sailings on both Majesty and Empress of the Seas, we are working to secure alternative itineraries and expect to be able to communicate to our guests and travel partners within the next week.

We are sorry for this unexpected and sudden change to our guests’ upcoming vacations and appreciate their understanding.

My co-worker thinks the Empress is actually docked right now in Havana. I was hoping to hear from one of the cruisers on that cruise right now, they're scheduled in Havana today. Wonder what the latest is? Are they ok to leave the ship or is it just going to sit there tied to the pier?

4 minutes ago, markbach said:

Just posted on https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates and tweeted out....

Well there you have it.  I think that that is more than fair from RC for all concerned.  If your were a Cuba or nothing kind of person. RC will give you a full refund.  Still willing to get on the ship and go somewhere... Get a significant reduction in cost and enjoy the pleasure of cruising.  

• Like 4

Hot diggity!  50% off our cruise!  Cha-ching.

Now, I will admit, I'm certain this upsets many people, and I understand that and feel bad their plans are impacted.  But for us, we were doing this cruise for the vacation and the ports really didn't matter.  We weren't opposed to Havana, but it wasn't a deciding factor.

31 minutes ago, coaster said:

I went on Empress back in July 2016 before the Cuba cruises began. Paid a much lower price than what the Cuba sailings were priced at. I was happy as the price was very good and I like the older and smaller ships. I know I am in the minority in my preference though.

I've been on both Empress and Majesty - one to Cuba and one not - and I really like the smaller ship. The crew is amazing and you get the chance to see and do everything!