YVR customs to US

LessWorkMoreTravel

Our Alaska cruise disembarks in Vancouver in the morning and our flight home is 10:30 pm on Air Canada.  We go from Vancouver to Toronto to our home airport in the US.  When will we go through customs?  I thought I heard we could clear in Vancouver but then I also read that they might be closed at that time of night.  Thanks!

Beat me to it. Your first flight is domestic so no immigration of any kind. Assuming it’s an overnight in to Toronto, they should have US immigration open and running in Toronto by the time you get there the next morning, and you’ll clear there. 

CBP opens at 4:30am in Toronto so given the length of a typical flight YVR-YYZ, plus the three hours timeshift, I'd agree with the above posts that it should definitely be operating when you arrive. If you plug in your flight details on Pearson's connections page, they will pop a lovely customized guide for you confirming whether you need to reclaim and recheck bags, go through security or not, and even what food options are available to you while moving to your second flight!