St. Thomas

Wichard

We are going to St. Thomas next January and my question is, can we walk to the downtown shopping.  If so how far is it?  I am assuming we would dock at the pier but if not where does the tender land you on shore?

Richard 

17 minutes ago, Wichard said:

We are going to St. Thomas next January and my question is, can we walk to the downtown shopping.  If so how far is it?  I am assuming we would dock at the pier but if not where does the tender land you on shore?

Richard 

Princess has been docking at Havensight for the past few years. There is a shopping mall directly next to the piers. The walk to downtown is about 30 minutes. No tender. If there was a tender it would be mentioned in the itinerary. 

The cruise ship will dock at Havensight Point docks you do not tender. There is a small shopping area right next to the docks with a lot of shops and a wonderful Senior Frog's.

You can actually walk into town but it is a mile or so and can take about 30 minutes.  There are a lot of open air taxis at the gate and it will cost about $4.00 one way per person.  They stop everywhere downtown and will also stop and pick you up anywhere downtown and bring you back to the ship.

47 minutes ago, famski740 said:

The cruise ship will dock at Havensight Point docks you do not tender. There is a small shopping area right next to the docks with a lot of shops and a wonderful Senior Frog's.

You can actually walk into town but it is a mile or so and can take about 30 minutes.  There are a lot of open air taxis at the gate and it will cost about $4.00 one way per person.  They stop everywhere downtown and will also stop and pick you up anywhere downtown and bring you back to the ship.

Was in St.Thomas yesterday, senior frogs is shut down. That whole side of the dock was kind of a mess. 

Edited by dearinger

Senior Frog's was closed in December of 2018 when we were there last.  It was from the hurricane and never was re-opened.

I know you mention shopping, but if you feel adventurous, taking a boat over to St John's and seeing the National Park over there is well worth the time and effort.

• Like 1

The original poster did not say what cruise line they're using and every response has assumed they'll dock at Havensight.  Many ships dock at Crown Bay instead and some have to drop anchor there rather than dock because of lack of berths, I assume.  We've witnessed this from afar while docked at Havensight.  If that is the case, there is some shopping right at Crown Bay (but not as much as at Havensight) and the same kind of transport to downtown.  FWIW, we have stopped at St. Thomas 14 times over the course of our cruising (20+ years) and have docked at both locations.

Edited by BarbinMich

We docked at Crown Bay and while you could walk into town, I would not have done so, just too far but easy in a cab. We did a morning beach excursion then walked over the Marina and had lunch at Tickles, which we loved and would recommend.

You can walk from both Crown Bay and Havensight. It is 1 mile from Havensight and about 1 1/2 from Crown Bay. Currently they are working on the waterfront, so the walk isn't as scenic as it was, but there is a sidewalk the entire way.

Senor Frog's was on its way out before Irma. There are several bars in the Havensight area and a few more at Yacht Haven, on the way into town.

Wichard: Tell us which line you are on so we can tell you where you will probably dock.