When Will 2022 World Cruises Be Announced

SargassoPirate

I am a first time poster here on the World Cruise forum as I am working my way down my bucket list and want to tick that one off in 2022.  When should I start looking for the 2022 schedules for HAL, Princess, or MSC?  

Thanks in advance for your advice.

• 1 month later...

Regent Seven Seas announced their 2022 this week.  Most cruise lines usually announce around March, about 22 months ahead of the cruise. 

If you are working with a travel agent, ask them to inform you as soon as they have the itineraries.  The itineraries are released a week or 2 before bookings open up. 

For a WC you might consider a a travel agent who books many WC’s or luxury travel agent who also books mainstream WC’s. For the amount of money you will spend you will need some advice on which cruise lines fits your budget, what’s included etc. You may find a premium line such as Viking, Oceania are not that much different than Holland America when you add the extras. WC’s are a very different reservation, insurance issues can be a challenge. Some lines book immediately. Out travel agent got 3 day advance of the general public and we were able to book the specific room we wanted. Some ships will be wait listed almost from day one. Look hard at itinerary. Our WC has more land than sea days, others the reverse. Going east bound for some is a disadvantage. I will be interested what others comments are.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, travelwell said:

For a WC you might consider a a travel agent who books many WC’s or luxury travel agent who also books mainstream WC’s. For the amount of money you will spend you will need some advice on which cruise lines fits your budget, what’s included etc. You may find a premium line such as Viking, Oceania are not that much different than Holland America when you add the extras. WC’s are a very different reservation, insurance issues can be a challenge. Some lines book immediately. Out travel agent got 3 day advance of the general public and we were able to book the specific room we wanted. Some ships will be wait listed almost from day one. Look hard at itinerary. Our WC has more land than sea days, others the reverse. Going east bound for some is a disadvantage. I will be interested what others comments are.

Excellent advice!!

I used my favorite TA to book the world cruise because we decided to go just one week before booking opened and I didn't have time to find someone more experienced in dealing with this far more complicated type of cruise. She did all the "right things" but I had to guide her and be sure things were followed through. Get someone who has experience booking world cruises!!!

I also liked going westbound (keep gaining time) and we had 60% port days to 40% sea days...I liked that mix. I went on Oceania...cost more than some other lines, but included so many amenities that the cost was comparable to cheaper lines where you would have to pay for them separately. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!

On 7/17/2019 at 12:49 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

I also liked going westbound (keep gaining time) and we had 60% port days to 40% sea days...I liked that mix.

I agree that it's important to look at the route in detail, calculate port versus sea days, and time in ports as well.  Some cruise line stops seem very brief.  Our cruise also has 8 overnight stays, for more in-depth opportunities to experience the place.  I also looked at the length of contiguous sea days--nice to have breaks in those along the way.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Totally agree with Wendy regarding time in port, especially the number of overnights. We just lost an overnight when the cancelled Colombo, but still have 7 ports with a single overnight and also Hong Kong & Saigon, each of which have 2 nights.

Previous World Cruise on a mainstream line only had 2 or 3 overnights, which were specifically to permit longer tours inland.

The direction of travel for us is critical, as Westbound cruises experience many 25 hr days, while Eastbound get 23 hr days, which most often result in lost sleep.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My Travel Planner called PCL today, they said the 2022 World Cruise Itinerary & open booking will begin in about 2 to 3 weeks. The 2021 WC was opened for booking a bit earlier on March 27, 2019. Of course this is only an estimate as of yesterday.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, Sergeant Major said:

My Travel Planner called PCL today, they said the 2022 World Cruise Itinerary & open booking will begin in about 2 to 3 weeks. The 2021 WC was opened for booking a bit earlier on March 27, 2019. Of course this is only an estimate as of yesterday.

I would think hard and long about booking anything right now, let alone Princess.  I'd seriously study and follow the financial stability of any cruise company.  I'm convinced there will be bankruptcies declared in the industry.  Plenty of time to put down a deposit when the world situation has stabilized.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I would think hard and long about booking anything right now, let alone Princess.  I'd seriously study and follow the financial stability of any cruise company.  I'm convinced there will be bankruptcies declared in the industry.  Plenty of time to put down a deposit when the world situation has stabilized.

Good point, Wendy.  Before all of this virus mess I put down a deposit  on a 2022 world cruise.  Fortunately, the final payment date is so far away that we'll either have a worldwide vaccine or it'll be the zombie apocalypse.

Seriously though, I'm gambling my deposit that things will be back to normal by then.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 9:20 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Good point, Wendy.  Before all of this virus mess I put down a deposit  on a 2022 world cruise.  Fortunately, the final payment date is so far away that we'll either have a worldwide vaccine or it'll be the zombie apocalypse.

Seriously though, I'm gambling my deposit that things will be back to normal by then.

Yeah, one way or another, it'll work itself out.  Unfortunately my finaly payment for a 2021 WC is in July.  I'm going to either cancel entirely or move the booking a year in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've put down a deposit for the deposit (i.e. we're "in line" to get a cabin on a 2022 WC with HAL)...you DO need to work with a TA (they'll offer lots of special perks, opportunities for overland tours, excursions that are special to them). The "potential" itineraries for 2022 for HAL were sent out to previous WC passengers so we could vote on our favorite...based on what we saw, two out of the 4 cruises appealed to us, so that's why we put down the deposit. Cabins are offered first to those on board the current year's WC, then opened to the general public.