Suites on Grandeur of the Seas HELP!

We would love to book a Grand Suite, but all suites are right below the Windjammer/Pool deck.  Please help! I'm so afraid of the noise from the deck above.  What has been your experience? Thank you so much.

You m might hear the occasional thump or bump...but in my experience, it's nothing that will detract from your vacation.  I hear thumps and bumps, sirens, dogs, etc....at home!  No place is 100% silent.  Neither is a ship.  The hallways are the biggest sound producers...and that's on EVERY deck.  If you want a suite, it's an upper deck...no other choice.

5 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

We would love to book a Grand Suite, but all suites are right below the Windjammer/Pool deck.  Please help! I'm so afraid of the noise from the deck above.  What has been your experience? Thank you so much.

There's potential for noise from the pool deck.  While we've not been on Grandeur, we've been on sister ships Enchantment, Vision, Legend, and Rhapsody, always on deck 8, and we have heard the occasional crew chair throwing contest at 4am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We always stay in a JS on deck 8 on GR. Yes, it can be a little noisy. You'll hear chairs scraping and carts rolling under certain parts.  It really depends on what part of deck 9 you are under.  Our last trip we were way back under the solarium and other than chairs moving at night, it was pretty quiet.  We've been under the main pool area and it's a little noisier there.  But, we're not late sleepers, so we don't care.

Hello! We were in a grand suite on the Grandeur last November. The only time the noise from the deck above was noticeable was around 5 to 6 am when they were dragging and setting up deck chairs. My husband slept through it completely. I heard it but wasn’t too bothered as I get up early to take sunrise pictures anyway. Our friends in a suite on the other side of the ship were more disturbed. I don’t know if it was worse over there or they are just light sleepers. It would not stop me from getting a suite again. We were in 8014 and our friends were in 8514. Have a great cruise! 

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

Or, should I go for the junior suite under the solarium? So confused and concerned about noise.  

We try to be on the starboard side, under the Solarium.  They run carts back and forth to Park Cafe on the port side.

in all honesty, yes there is noise.  in fact one cruise it was so bad at stupidly early hours of the day  several of us got FCC  when we candidly told the HD   our issues one evening in the Lounge when she came to visit.  

worse was the dragging of  loungers at 6 am when they were rearranging space to hose down the deck.   my husband called it almost as annoying as  being under the flight deck  when they are dragging the chains.  the carts from windjammer were also an issue, although those were  a few moments at best.  

most of it is very early morning, so if you like to sleep in, =you may have  concerns.  if you are early risers, its less of a bother  

Last 3 cruises have been a GS on Grandeur.

Yes, early in the morning there is some noise from moving chairs and tables around.  We have found, if we are asleep, it does not wake us up.   If we are awake for some reason, neither of us can fall back asleep until it stops.

But not a big deal.  

We have 2 more cruises booked in GS on Grandeur. 😄

We were in 8576 (junior suite) which seemed to be under the area between the Solarium and the spa.  I heard noise one early morning but that was it.  It wasn't bad.

One warning about 8576 - it does have a floor-to-ceiling pole at the foot of the bed.  Make sure you're careful coming back from the bathroom in the middle of the night or you will run into it. :classic_smile:

On 6/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, Host Clarea said:

There's potential for noise from the pool deck.  While we've not been on Grandeur, we've been on sister ships Enchantment, Vision, Legend, and Rhapsody, always on deck 8, and we have heard the occasional crew chair throwing contest at 4am.

Agree, did 2 Grandeur Suites mid ship and Noise but only certain times. Been 17 & 16yrs, ours was 6-630am. Still not bad can get in Aft Deck 10 on Radiance Class under WJ with Dragging of the 6am Chairs. 

We had Grandeur 8510 right off the elevator lobby.  No hallway noise was noticeable.  We did hear occasional scraping overnight from above , but not a real bother.  My DW reported a bit more noise while I was out on my morning ship inspection (A.K.A coffee run), but I think she needed to wake up then anyway.

By the way, 8510 is a great room.  L-shaped sofa set, no adjoining cabin door, with easy access to WJ and pool deck. I expect it is a mirror to 8010.  

/Greg

28 minutes ago, Defender1158 said:

By the way, 8510 is a great room.  L-shaped sofa set, no adjoining cabin door, with easy access to WJ and pool deck. I expect it is a mirror to 8010.  

/Greg

Love the placement of the 8500-8510 room line....dead end hallway so not much traffic, pool bar is only a few steps away, easy to snag some food from the Jammer and enjoy on your balcony if you didn't order breakfast in...so many plus....the more I sail...the more I like the smaller ship Lady G 😉

Edited by dodgestang