St Thomas Excursion options please!

bsechrist

Looking for feedback on which excursion is best at St.Thomas:

Turbo Cat Snorkel and Beach: is the boat anything special ? it has 2 stops with about 1 hour at each? which could mean not enough time at one spot to relax and have fun?

All Inclusive St John Beach and Snorkel: I read on a post it's a 45 minute ride each way, ugh?!

Thanks! Brett

16 minutes ago, bsechrist said:

Turbo Cat Snorkel and Beach: is the boat anything special ? it has 2 stops with about 1 hour at each? which could mean not enough time at one spot to relax and have fun?

All Inclusive St John Beach and Snorkel: I read on a post it's a 45 minute ride each way, ugh?!

Thanks! Brett

You will have better luck asking this question and or searching for answers here on this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/82-st-thomasst-john/

9 hours ago, bsechrist said:

Thanks! Brett

“St. John Beach and Snorkel “ sounds good.  The other - 2 one hour stops probably involves as much time on the boat, and not much time to enjoy.  Getting over to St. John is the best way to spend a day at St. Thomas - unless you are addicted to shopping.

Are you

10 hours ago, bsechrist said:

Thanks! Brett

Are you against just going to St. John on your own? I would choose that over any excursion, any day.

The ride to St. John will take some time, no matter if you do it on your own, or with an "excursion" of some sort....  The beaches/water there is unlike any I've ever encountered....so gorgeous!

Ya..it takes about 45 min to get over to St John's.  First, in a van or jeep, then ferry, then van or jeep on St John's to the beach.  I assume you're going to Trunk Bay?  Absolutely one of the nicest beaches we've ever been to and great snorkeling.  That is one of the few ships excursions we will do as coordinating getting to the ferry,  the ferry schedule and the possibility of there being a delay or mechanical issue, and getting back from the ferry to the ship precludes us from attempting a trip to St John's on our own.  But well worth the trip!

I second the trip to St. John and beautiful Trunk Bay. Yes it’s a long ride by ferry but it’s a nice scenic trip. We have done the snorkeling twice also off of St. John at Honeymoon Bay/ beach the sea life is minimal. I saw a couple of turtles, some small fish, and a barracuda. My wife said they saw a shark from the catamaran. At Trunk Bay there is a snorkel trail right off the beach. The draw back is that your stay on St. John is short because of the travel distance.