Cancelled Cuba Cruise - No Problem

Djptcp

On 6/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, Dog Drool said:

Do we know what port HAL is going to now that Cuba is out?   It would be nice to go to some different ports like Grenadines, Grenada, or St Barts.

As one who had a Veendam cruise to Bermuda booked, and then canceled, when she was re-scheduled for Cuba, I offer that Bermuda would be a good choice for future Veendam cruises. What I found odd was that the first visit to a Cuba port by Veendam was in July, seems a tad hot. Perhaps they wanted to take travel agents who would then promote the Dec January cruises?

Edited by Cruise4food
Added dates info.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cruise4food said:

As one who had a Veendam cruise to Bermuda booked, and then canceled, when she was re-scheduled for Cuba, I offer that Bermuda would be a good choice for future Veendam cruises. What I found odd was that the first visit to a Cuba port by Veendam was in July, seems a tad hot. Perhaps they wanted to take travel agents who would then promote the Dec January cruises?

If the Veendam goes back to Bermuda we will book that in a heartbeat.  That itinerary is truly relaxing for us since we are 30 minutes from the port in Boston.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If the Veendam goes back to Bermuda we will book that in a heartbeat.  That itinerary is truly relaxing for us since we are 30 minutes from the port in Boston.

We would love a Bermuda itinerary. We always said " let's do that" and never did and regret it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

We would love a Bermuda itinerary. We always said " let's do that" and never did and regret it. 

We did it twice and had hoped to do it again.  June sailings are a perfect birthday treat for DH.

• Like 1

The credits for our cancelled Cuba excursions posted to our cc this morning.  That was good.  I then tried to use those credits towards payment on an earlier cruise, no luck.  When clicking on manage payments it brings me to the itinerary page.  Not good.

I've been trying to make a payment on HAL for two weeks now and encounter the same issue. There is another current thread on this problem "Why is it so hard to make a payment".

HAL canceled some interesting NE/Canada w/forays to Greenland cruises when the sale of the Prinsendam was announced. They included stops in Newfoundland, as well as Greenland, then return to Boston.
I would love to see those itineraries reintroduced as unusual opportunities for new ports and new routes. It could even be combined with the common NE/Canada itinerary.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sue from Canada said:

Is it just HAL not going to Cuba?

No.  All cruise lines that had Cuba itineraries have been stopped.

In fact, at least one Cuba cruise already underway when the ban was enacted, changed their itinerary mid-cruise to eliminate it.

9 hours ago, Djptcp said:

I've been trying to make a payment on HAL for two weeks now and encounter the same issue. There is another current thread on this problem "Why is it so hard to make a payment".

Thanks for mentioning that thread.  Thanks to tips in it I was able to process a payment when I got home.

7 hours ago, RuthC said:

HAL canceled some interesting NE/Canada w/forays to Greenland cruises when the sale of the Prinsendam was announced. They included stops in Newfoundland, as well as Greenland, then return to Boston.
I would love to see those itineraries reintroduced as unusual opportunities for new ports and new routes. It could even be combined with the common NE/Canada itinerary.

Ruth, I agree with you.  I've often wondered why the Boston/Canada cruises haven't been extended to include some of these interesting places.  Other unique itineraries do very well and often sell out.  It seems to me that several cruises out of Boston and New York would draw a lot of people from the northeast especially since air flights aren't necessary.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The credits for our cancelled Cuba excursions posted to our cc this morning.  That was good.  I then tried to use those credits towards payment on an earlier cruise, no luck.  When clicking on manage payments it brings me to the itinerary page.  Not good.

Yes, the credit card charges just hit our account today for our cruise.  The excursions were actually removed from our reservation on the HAL site almost immediately after the Cuba ports were removed.

2 hours ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

Ruth, I agree with you.  I've often wondered why the Boston/Canada cruises haven't been extended to include some of these interesting places.  Other unique itineraries do very well and often sell out.  It seems to me that several cruises out of Boston and New York would draw a lot of people from the northeast especially since air flights aren't necessary.

Our air travel to Boston is often cheaper than to Fort Lauderdale and it is almost the exact same amount of time to the minute. Plus Boston is a nice historic walkable city on its own with great public transport. Fort Lauderdale is fine if you want the beach, though there are better quieter less pricey beaches all up the the coast north of there, but other than that... I'll pass. We never spend more than one night in FLL. Bring on more unique BOS based itineraries!!🥂 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Yes, the credit card charges just hit our account today for our cruise.  The excursions were actually removed from our reservation on the HAL site almost immediately after the Cuba ports were removed.

That would be the credit card CREDIT back for our excursions.