Interesting Information

crilski

https://www.tourepublic.com/blog/how-to-travel-to-cuba/?fbclid=IwAR0njIm0U9Cx9648vWhJurLNPkELjVrY4UpNAQTxDNEkih112iS7z8K0bX0

I cruised Cuba in October 2019.  I enjoyed it very much, and hoped to return.  I have kept in touch with 3 of my tour guides - and told them all I hope to see them again.  I feel bad for all of you that had Cuba cruise plans extinguished.  I may try and go visit a different way - we'll see.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

That link you posted has good information, thank you.

I cruised to Cuba in early April of this year (2019 - and by the way I think you meant to say you went in October of 2018) and would love to go back.  Old Havana was awesome, I wish I could have spent much more time there looking around.  The architecture there is wonderful.

We went to the Tropicana for the evening, and though I don't speak Spanish found that it was a phenomenal experience.  

Hopefully our next administration will correct the current state of affairs and allow easier visits to Cuba again.  

OH, let's not forget their delicious rum.  I've fallen in love with Havana Club Especial, and brought back several bottles.  I didn't know what to expect when I brought Cuban rum back into the US through customs, between my wife, daughter, and myself we had 12 bottles.  I was fully prepared to pay duty since we were well over the  duty free limit of 1 bottle per person, but the customs agent just waved us through even though the rum was in plain sight.

Edited by groundloop

• 2 weeks later...

We are a family/friend group of 13 visiting Cuba for the first time in November. A lot of the information I am using for this trip I got on this forum.  Thank you to everyone who has given information on visits to Cuba.  Cherie