Has Princess announced new policies on plastic waste?

RoperDK

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It looks good but what happens if your groceries sweat on the way home?

Of if there used as garbage bags at home & it gets soaked from wet coffee grinds or wet veggies? 

I am sure they will have to work that out.  Interesting to see how this develops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

All mandated in the probation settlement agreement, applies across all Carnival Corp lines.  Proof will not be in press releases, but in actions, contrary to Princess' 26 years and Carnival's 20 years of environmental non-compliance.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 1:28 PM, pris993 said:

I live in california... state has the toughest environmental regs there are.  I have lived on the coast as well here have not seen what you are saying at all.   Spend a lot of time out around SF bay, again don't see there is a problem there either.    I was rasied to respect environment and do, when I am out and about... never ever toss plastics or other trash.  

I live in the SF Bay Area. Grew up here. And while I agree we have very expansive environmental regulations, it doesn't mean it's not a problem - here or elsewhere. I have participated in MANY nature and coastal clean ups, in the Bay Area, and can confirm without a doubt that even with all of the regulations it still collects. And it's individuals who think that their individual actions aren't the problem that collectively create the problem. If everyone took personal responsibility for their choices and actions, this wouldn't be such an issue. 

And this doesn't stop for me (or anyone) on vacation. I am just as environmentally responsible at home as while on vacation. Just like how I don't live like a slob at home, so why would I suddenly start being a slob when I'm in someone else's?

Edited by Dani24
  • Like 4