Hotels that hold luggage?

SimplyMarvie

We're coming in from overseas for a cruise out of FLL, but are also going on to spend Christmas with the family. We're looking for somewhere to stay for 2-3 nights pre-cruise and 1-2 nights post-cruise. I'm wondering if anyone has ever encountered a hotel that would hold some of our luggage for the 10 days we're on the cruise so I don't have to schlep and store my winter coat and kids snow pants (which they'll need in MN, but probably not on the beach in Aruba) on board?

The Best 10 Luggage Storage in Fort Lauderdale, FL

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=luggagestorage&find_loc=Fort+Lauderdale%2C+FL

why not leave the 'cold' stuff in MN and have family ship back to you after you get home?  Or there's a piece of the puzzle you're leaving out like you NEED the cold stuff as soon as you get home . . . 

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 12:24 AM, Capt_BJ said:

The Best 10 Luggage Storage in Fort Lauderdale, FL

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=luggagestorage&find_loc=Fort+Lauderdale%2C+FL

why not leave the 'cold' stuff in MN and have family ship back to you after you get home?  Or there's a piece of the puzzle you're leaving out like you NEED the cold stuff as soon as you get home . . . 

We're coming from warm weather to the cruise, and then on to MN, so we have to schlep the cold weather stuff... (We could send it, but we're coming from overseas, so that's cost prohibitive. I've considered just buying what the kids need from Goodwill when we get there, but we've tried that before and it was a hot mess -- no boots for one, no coats for two and an expensive bill to buy new for things we already had at home.)

I will say that every hotel I've work at has kept luggage for a guest for a return.  I think you may need to call or email the hotels you are thinking about and then verify if they would do this for you.