Why Do So Many Cruisers Dislike Nassau

vpearlkc

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 11:32 AM, CruisinCrow said:

I agree!  I wouldn't want to stay at a hotel that I'd paid a lot of money for and have it be crowded with people who had snuck in.  I really hate it when people encourage others to do what is basically stealing, not just from the hotel but from the paying guests.

And I'm sure there have been some people who avoided getting caught by security but that doesn't guarantee it will work for you if you try it. 

As someone who has actually stayed there, they don't check room keys necessarily to get on the grounds.   They check for your wristband to get on the slide.  Nobody is looking at your room keys on the beach or pools.  We only needed wristbands to go on slides, otherwise we could have been almost anyone. 

They did have a couple spots where they checked for cards, though.  But if you can get to the outside grounds, you could easily use the cove beach, pools, etc.  If you can get to the predator lagoon, then you can get to the grounds....  It's not that secure.

You know what is worst than a few people sneaking in?  Paying for the hotel and having it flooded during the day with cruisers!   So if someone wants to wander around without paying, meh, whatever.  They can't get on the slides, so they won't be a problem with lines.  I don't care if someone wants to walk the grounds and hang on the beach.

Edited by BNBR

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 11:01 PM, MississippiMom said:

I am finding planning for the Nassau port stop to be a bit challenging.  I wish RCCL had more than just Atlantis listed as excursions during out 2 p.m. to midnight stop in Nassau.  We have been to Atlantis,  so we would like to see something else.  Some version of a rum tour seems to be a family preference, since now everyone is over 18.

We have taken the tour at John Watling's in Nassau and it was great!  Started out with a free shot of pina colada (the best I've ever tasted!) then a walking tour with a guide.  I think it was just for tips, lasted about 30 minutes.  We ended up at the bar for a rum tasting and more pina colada.  Beautiful plantation house on top of the hill, you could hike up there in 30 minutes or take a cab.  Then walk down a block and a half to E Hill St where there is a chocolate shop, winery and Graycliff Hotel.  Walk through Graycliff Hotel all the way back to a beautiful pool. Then you can walk down the hill back to port.  Easy-peasy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Cruising  with my parents in the 60s and 70s it was a prime location for all cruise ships. People begged for your money even on the ships and they definitely did so down on the docks. That was offputting particularly in the 60s. There also wasn’t a lot to see on the island so once you were done one or two tours what was there to see other than the Nassau market place. I don’t like to get off in Jamaica either (although our neighbors are from Jamaica and they’re lovely people) -  the level of aggression and pushing us in addition to the scores of wooden phallic symbols and big boob women it’s just too much 

• 1 month later...