Current All Inclusive Drinks on Marella Explorer 2

My husband cannot drink much alcohol due to medical issues but it was more than worth while upgrading for him to enjoy Lavazza coffees in the Coffee Port, canned soft drinks rather than the often flat drinks from pumps /large bottles and better wines with dinner.   I got my money back by having the 'odd' Hennesey Brandy and Grey Goose Vodka.  50 pounds sounds a lot but when you realise it is only 7 pounds a day it doesn't seem near as much. 

2 hours ago, campolady said:

My husband cannot drink much alcohol due to medical issues but it was more than worth while upgrading for him to enjoy Lavazza coffees in the Coffee Port, canned soft drinks rather than the often flat drinks from pumps /large bottles and better wines with dinner.   I got my money back by having the 'odd' Hennesey Brandy and Grey Goose Vodka.  50 pounds sounds a lot but when you realise it is only 7 pounds a day it doesn't seem near as much. 

We wholly got the benefit of it for the Lavazza coffees which we both had every morning, and also the 1.5 litres of water each to the room each day.  This was useful for overnight water and also for taking a bottle on the coach if going on a tour.

I did get value out of the Hennessy Brandy and Grey Goose too.   

My wife drank the Bombay Sapphire and Hendricks gin though could have survived quite happily on the Bacardi off the AI menu.

Another nice touch is you can get cans of soft drinks rather than a dash or a squirt from the pump at the bar.

Also theres a wider cocktail range which we availed of, and it was nice not to have to look at what was or wasnt included in the AI menu.

We thought it was good value considering all of the above, and have paid for it for September on D2.

3 hours ago, campolady said:

Can I ask, what different wines do they offer on the premium and are they easy enough to get at table?

Also do they offer a better tonic for gin on the enhanced package?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Can I ask, what different wines do they offer on the premium and are they easy enough to get at table?

Menus vary ship to ship (one for Dream and Celebration, one for the Discoveries and one for the Explorers).  The one I have is for the Discoveries - ordinary AI drinks are at the top of the page whilst the premium are at the bottom in blue.  No photo description available.

Edited by campolady

4 minutes ago, campolady said:

Menus vary ship to ship (one for Dream and Celebration, one for the Discoveries and one for the Explorers).  The one I have is for the Discoveries - ordinary AI drinks are at the top of the page whilst the premium are at the bottom in blue.  No photo description available.

Many thanks

On 6/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, campolady said:

So you could drink (or in my case, share with my OH)   a bottle of champagne every night on the Premium Inclusive???  That sounds like a very good deal.  

Sorry, champagne by the glass or bottle is not included on the Premium inclusive, there is a + symbol which is explained by the note in the photo. If you wanted a glass of Nicholas Fueillate it would cost £9. The other two premium wines are not champagne?

Edited by davecttr

I was looking into upgrading the drinks package and having the freedom to choose anything off the menu.

I found a lovely youtube clip that showed all the menus and some of the speciality menus in various venues. 

As the cruise we are booked on only has only 1 sea day in a week, there is a lot of time we are not on the ship. We thought to try the AI on the first week and if we really need (or want) the premium drinks then add for the second week. 

After looking at the AI choices, there is a lot of drinks on there that we like and instead of paying £7 (just over) a day for unlimited premium drinks, we could supplement our AI with a choice drink for £1.50 extra (on average, drink depending) and try new cocktails each evening. We would need to do more than 5 premium drinks a day to make it cost effective, and I don't think we will. We could manage 2 or 3 premium drinks but with the standard of AI, we can be very happy with just the 'top up'premium than pay for the package.

If this fails and we find we are doing more premium than Ai, then we can always add the package for the second week after we have drunk all the options on the AI in the first.

This plan might not work for everyone and depends on your taste and drinking habits. At least we have options for all to enjoy.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Don't forget SP it's not just the alcohol you also get premium coffee's, cans of mixers and bottled water 😉

Thats where we found great benefit actually.  Even just having the 2 x 1.5 litres of water fresh in the room each day was great.

We also enjoyed our coffees each day too.

Recently returned from Explorer 2 and had purchased the premium all inclusive package at £50 each. Considered worthwhile as you will easily exceed the £7 cost per day. A 1.5 litre bottle of water is available in your cabin, coffees in the coffee port and a much better range of drinks. Each of the bars had their own menu and therefore different ranges of cocktails were only available in the specific bar. Plenty of beers from the mobile trolley on the pool deck as well.

We found the best bit was the better wines at dinner but more importantly at the end of the meal the speciality liqueur coffees were also included in the package !!.    Good range of cocktails of the world in the Indigo bar at the top of the ship. Combined with the late night disco what could be better.

16 hours ago, Sally V Lamb said:

Recently returned from Explorer 2 and had purchased the premium all inclusive package at £50 each. Considered worthwhile as you will easily exceed the £7 cost per day. A 1.5 litre bottle of water is available in your cabin, coffees in the coffee port and a much better range of drinks. Each of the bars had their own menu and therefore different ranges of cocktails were only available in the specific bar. Plenty of beers from the mobile trolley on the pool deck as well.

We found the best bit was the better wines at dinner but more importantly at the end of the meal the speciality liqueur coffees were also included in the package !!.    Good range of cocktails of the world in the Indigo bar at the top of the ship. Combined with the late night disco what could be better.

Oh.  Interesting.  Hadnt picked up on that last time.  Will look into that on D2 in September. 🙂

21 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

The upgrade was well worth it for us. A cocktail before dinner in Indigo, premium wines with dinner, coffees then a gold Prosecco in Aperitif, perfect! 

Are there lots of cocktails that are off the standard AI? I know they quote mojitos and Bellini as on premium.

I have also read in reviews that the ai cocktails are a bit watered down with lots of ice. Are the premium ones a good mix, I don’t like anything too strong but also don’t want watery.

I think we would use the coffee and cans of juice on the premium anyway.

Yes I would say most of the cocktails are not on the regular menu. Can’t say there was that much of a difference with the wines in the MDR (definitely noticed a difference in surf and turf wine lovely in there) forgot to mention if you like whiskey or gin the separate bar in the squid & anchor is covered on the upgrade. Cocktails are a much better quality as you point out. I think it’s a no brainer but each to his own as they say. Hope this helps

• Thanks 1