QM2 Cabin Noise

57eric

15 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Has anyone had issues with noise from above on Deck 6 or noise from below on Deck 4?

Thanks.

Your Cunard PCS/VS will have access to a discreet list of the noise and vibration effected staterooms on QM2, QV and QE.

Regarding noise on Deck 4, it depends on what is directly below on Deck 3. I have never had a cabin on that deck and won't take a chance. There have been many complaints on these pages. Some have said even during the day a nap can be impossible due to rehearsals in the Royal Court Theatre.  Of course there are some quiet areas below.

A few years ago we booked a future crossing on board the ship. The consultant said to avoid Deck 4 because: "You do not want to be above Illuminations, the Royal Court Theatre, the Queen's Room or G32."  That is about two-thirds of the deck.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, david,Mississauga said:

Regarding noise on Deck 4, it depends on what is directly below on Deck 3. I have never had a cabin on that deck and won't take a chance. There have been many complaints on these pages. Some have said even during the day a nap can be impossible due to rehearsals in the Royal Court Theatre.  Of course there are some quiet areas below.

A few years ago we booked a future crossing on board the ship. The consultant said to avoid Deck 4 because: "You do not want to be above Illuminations, the Royal Court Theatre, the Queen's Room or G32."  That is about two-thirds of the deck.

So, in general, is Deck 6 a better bet?  This is assuming Deck 5 is unavailable.

Hello

I have had  sheltered balcony cabins on decks four and five.   The only time I had a problem was this past winter New York to Singapore.  5217.    The big issue is that the cabin is directly across from a loud steward's pantry.  Noise would begin about 7:30 AM with the stewards coming and going, the door opening and closing and general racket.  I complained to the hotel manager who did quiet things down quite a bit.   When the ship arrived in Southampton I moved to another cabin.

Other than that issue I have never had a problem.  Generally, the cabins I select are  close to C stairway.

I would certainly avoid cabins on 6 deck most especially during warmer times.  This is because of joggers thumping above you and people dragging deck chairs around.  Its a big enough of a problem that when the ship is in warmer waters there are constant notices in the ship's daily program asking passengers not to jog or power walk during certain hours so as not to disturb passengers below.

For this upcoming Summer crossings I am in cabin 5166 Eastbound and in cabin 4134 Westbound.  For my upcoming Winter voyage New York to Hong Kong I will be in cabin 4118.   All carefully chosen.

I would also avoid connecting cabins which are clearly marked on the deck plans.  Noise seeping in from one cabin to the connecting cabin  is an issue for some passengers.

Good luck.

Deck Chair

Edited by deck chair

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, 57eric said:

So, in general, is Deck 6 a better bet?  This is assuming Deck 5 is unavailable.

Not if you are bothered  by the foot falls of those walking on the deck 7 promenade! 

We usually go deck 4 balcony & have never had any issues with noise (only time we had an issue was deck 8 with a connecting door - though there are solutions to the door) These days we tend to go forward though in the past our cabins have been mid aft and aft. I'd probably take 4 over 6 as I think there is more likelihood of noise from the promenade deck coming through than drifting up from corridors & restaurants. Inside cabins may be different being situated directly over theatre or illuminations. 

We are on 4 next week; our stateroom is above the lobby outside of Illuminations. I'll report back about whether we can hear the noise from action movies in the evenings.

I'd still prefer that to the engine noise I hear on the corridor on 5 between the B and C stairs. The frequency resonates in the hallway but perhaps isn't as bothersome in the staterooms.

We're back on QM2. No noise in our Deck 4 stateroom over the entrance to Illuminations. I have noticed that a little further aft, over the Royal Court Theatre, the evening performances can clearly be heard in the corridor and I would imagine in the staterooms as well. This would be in rooms 4038-4054 on the port side and 4041-4057 on starboard.