Upsell fairy has contacted us

magroo

We're currently in a D category stateroom on Deck 6 for our upcoming July sailing. Just got an e-mail from PG offering us a B category mini suite for $825pp.  Trying to decide if it's worth it. We've upgraded on other cruises before, but was wondering, given that this is a smaller ship, is it worth the additional $1650 for an additional 50 sq ft. I believe it comes with butler service, though, too. 

I'm looking for any insights/opinions to help me decide if this is worth it for us on this voyage. TIA

Was nice having the extra wide/deep cabin, it creates a wider walkway between the bed and the wall and the bed and the closet, especially if your a larger person. the added depth on the balcony was nice as well. Keep in mind that a 'balcony' (deck) is easy to find on this ship and isn't far away. My Better Half loves the balcony as she enjoys drinking coffee while she puts on makeup all while watching the scenery go by. I'm up on deck with a camera in my hand so the balcony is nice but not as important as it is to my BH. This is an individual choice based on what is important to you. We've been on decks 3, 4, 7 and 8  ….. it's all good 😉

• Like 1

Ooh, yes, I'd do it.  We got a B once on an upsell and were very pleased.  No, it's not much bigger, but the location is great!  Plus you get a butler, and easy access to the 'hidden' little deck on deck 8, forward.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Ooh, yes, I'd do it.  We got a B once on an upsell and were very pleased.  No, it's not much bigger, but the location is great!  Plus you get a butler, and easy access to the 'hidden' little deck on deck 8, forward.

We decided to go for it. It's our 30th anniversary trip and we felt to would be a shame to pass up this opportunity. Didn't know about the "hidden" deck. We'll be sure to look for it.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You should love Deck 8. We just returned home from the June 8-15 cruise in cabin 805. Very quiet and we wouldn't ever think of cruising without a balcony. We spent many mornings before breakfast and evenings before or after dinner out there with a drink. Very quiet and peaceful. We also loved Deck 8 for it's easy access to the pool deck and Le Grill for breakfast. The Deck 8 cabins also have King beds instead of Queens, so that and the balcony were the main factors in our choice of Deck 8 from the start. After our great experience, if and when we sail on the Paul Gauguin again, it will absolutely be on Deck 8. The cabins are very well laid-out and they did a lot with the available space. We had a 600+ sq ft suite on Azamara last fall, so we were expecting to feel cramped in the PG cabin, but we were pleasantly surprised at how spacious the cabin actually felt.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 9:14 AM, JIMinNC said:

You should love Deck 8. We just returned home from the June 8-15 cruise in cabin 805. Very quiet and we wouldn't ever think of cruising without a balcony. We spent many mornings before breakfast and evenings before or after dinner out there with a drink. Very quiet and peaceful. We also loved Deck 8 for it's easy access to the pool deck and Le Grill for breakfast. The Deck 8 cabins also have King beds instead of Queens, so that and the balcony were the main factors in our choice of Deck 8 from the start. After our great experience, if and when we sail on the Paul Gauguin again, it will absolutely be on Deck 8. The cabins are very well laid-out and they did a lot with the available space. We had a 600+ sq ft suite on Azamara last fall, so we were expecting to feel cramped in the PG cabin, but we were pleasantly surprised at how spacious the cabin actually felt.

Thank you! I appreciate you impressions. We are very excited for our upcoming trip.