DOOR DECORATION

spankym13

35 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Do people really need door decorations to find their cabin?  They are numbered for a reason

The tackiest door I’ve seen was on Vision last month. A picture of the couple and a list of all the cruises they’ve been on and their status. 

One cruiser’s tacky is another cruiser’s fun.

Do these door decorations really bother some people this much?  

Its a cruise. AKA chill out time.  It’s just a door - it’s just a week.

Try my thoughts I used back in my yacht-charter days when I had guests onboard I disliked.  I would look in the freezer .... “only 4 days and .... I’ll never see these (guests) DOOR again”.

🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

Speak for yourself !!! Love it ! 

Thank you :)  We do it for fun and I loved rotating them around between the other ones in our cabin.  I know some people think it is tacky...that is ok :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Do people really need door decorations to find their cabin?  They are numbered for a reason

No, people do not really need door decorations to find their cabin.

Even 5 year old children who know how to read numbers are able to find their cabin without needing door decorations.  We often see them racing ahead of their parents to be first to the door.

Even guide dogs for the blind are able to find their cabin.

Even the people who put up decorations on cruise ship doors manage to find their doors without decorations in large hotels and apartment complexes.

It seems that the true reason why people need door decorations on cruise ships is to provoke lengthy controversial discussions about them, like this one. 😊 😉

Actually, it is just a way to attract attention, the way that some people enjoy having Happy Birthday or Anniversary sung to them in public, and others don't.

Edited by varoo
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, varoo said:

No, people do not really need door decorations to find their cabin.

Even 5 year old children who know how to read numbers are able to find their cabin without needing door decorations.  We often see them racing ahead of their parents to be first to the door.

Even guide dogs for the blind are able to find their cabin.

Even the people who put up decorations on cruise ship doors manage to find their doors without decorations in large hotels and apartment complexes.

It seems that the true reason why people need door decorations on cruise ships is to provoke lengthy controversial discussions about them, like this one. 😊 😉

😂

On 6/8/2019 at 11:20 PM, ChuckL said:

After checking with Celebrity and hearing that it was permissible to decorate the cabin door, we purchased this magnetic sign and placed it on our door along with the Cruise Critic sign  There were actually a good number of doors that were decorated.

3B81311E-1FF8-4E64-9689-CA8FF22130B5.jpeg

05CEE1A2-9712-413F-8D3D-7787924CC5BE.jpeg

Where did you order the "cruising together" sign from ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

Try https://www.*****.com/cruise-accessories/index.html

Example: https://www.*****.com/favors_product_pages/p-12035c.html

ETA: Ooooopppps! Just noticed the ****

Try favors by serendipity . com/ favors_p roduct_ pages/ p-12035c. html without the spaces

Edited by TxCityKat
additional info
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TxCityKat said:

Try https://www.*****.com/cruise-accessories/index.html

Example: https://www.*****.com/favors_product_pages/p-12035c.html

ETA: Ooooopppps! Just noticed the ****

Try favors by serendipity . com/ favors_p roduct_ pages/ p-12035c. html without the spaces

Thanks!  The links worked by the way...  I didn't find the ticker, but did find a 25th Anniversary door magnet.  💕

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

I ordered it through Amazon but the link to my order says not currently available. Look up Premier Cruising Gear on Google and you’ll find it among literally a hundred or more different designs for all occasions. They also offer door banners that you can place on your door with a magnetic hook. 

Chuck

5 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

I ordered it through Amazon but the link to my order says not currently available. Look up Premier Cruising Gear on Google and you’ll find it among literally a hundred or more different designs for all occasions. They also offer door banners that you can place on your door with a magnetic hook. 

Chuck

Take a look at ETSY.  They have a few vendors who make Cruise Door signs.

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Thanks!  The links worked by the way...  I didn't find the ticker, but did find a 25th Anniversary door magnet.  💕

Yea!!! 🎇

For the ticker in Kruzer Zuker's signature:

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

Scroll down & click Vacation Travel to start creating.

Here are a couple more:

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

http://www.cruise-ships.com/tickers/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kruzer Zuker said:

If you enjoy it and it makes you happy why not?  Just don't use anything you are attached to because things may get stolen. 

Yup, that is why I don't spend a lot of money on mine.  Heck if people want to help themselves, I bring lots of extra .

I always decorate our cabin door.  It's fun, it makes me happy and I can find my room when I have had a few after dinner drinks. I say decorate away and be happy!  Life is to short to not do what makes you happy! 

I bought this door magnet from Etsy.  Cost was about $10.00.  I love it!

cruise door.jpg

Edited by sandiherbert
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, sandiherbert said:

I always decorate our cabin door.  It's fun, it makes me happy and I can find my room when I have had a few after dinner drinks. I say decorate away and be happy!  Life is to short to not do what makes you happy! 

I bought this door magnet from Etsy.  Cost was about $10.00.  I love it!

cruise door.jpg

Love this!  

1 hour ago, stefndoug said:

Yup, that is why I don't spend a lot of money on mine.  Heck if people want to help themselves, I bring lots of extra .

On a recent cruise, someone had  some precious photos removed from their door.  They were heartbroken.  On the same cruise, someone had left their scooter in the corridor outside their room and it was brought to another floor.  Sad...

53 minutes ago, keesar said:

On a recent cruise, someone had  some precious photos removed from their door.  They were heartbroken.  On the same cruise, someone had left their scooter in the corridor outside their room and it was brought to another floor.  Sad...

You wouldn’t think passengers on Celebrity would do this. 

4 hours ago, keesar said:

Very sad!

i leave my scooter outside my door during the day and in the cabin at night BUT Hubs takes the batteries in the cabin to charge.

This time we have a nice, big (extra wide doorways) Handicapped Cabin so I expect the scooter lives in the cabin.

i can’t have just anyone steal my little bike Bell I’m bringing.

10 hours ago, keesar said:

If you made a complaint, I believe they have camera's in the hallways and could find out who did it!