DOOR DECORATION

spankym13

On 7/1/2019 at 3:57 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Nothing to do with this, but how did you get your ticker to work?

I did it at tickerfactory.com. They will create a gif based on your input and a link to the gif, and you just copy and paste the link into your signature   

Edited by Kruzer Zuker
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, varoo said:

No, people do not really need door decorations to find their cabin.

Even 5 year old children who know how to read numbers are able to find their cabin without needing door decorations.  We often see them racing ahead of their parents to be first to the door.

Even guide dogs for the blind are able to find their cabin.

Even the people who put up decorations on cruise ship doors manage to find their doors without decorations in large hotels and apartment complexes.

It seems that the true reason why people need door decorations on cruise ships is to provoke lengthy controversial discussions about them, like this one. 😊 😉

Actually, it is just a way to attract attention, the way that some people enjoy having Happy Birthday or Anniversary sung to them in public, and others don't.

It is all about ME after all.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, Donut23 said:

Bravo!

If you are in a Celebrity suite, royal suite or the Penthouse(s), the doors aren't magnetic so you need to purchase two sided tape that will not damage the door to hang your signs-  Magnets do not work.

6 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you are in a Celebrity suite, royal suite or the Penthouse(s), the doors aren't magnetic so you need to purchase two sided tape that will not damage the door to hang your signs-  Magnets do not work.

Aft facing handicap cabin, deck 9.  I should be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

The non-magnetic doors evoke more class and need no decoration from those who may not have it.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, orchestrapal said:

The non-magnetic doors evoke more class and need no decoration from those who may not have it.😂

1 hour ago, orchestrapal said:

Wow!  For once I’m without words (And Jim will find it AMAZING.)

On 7/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, stefndoug said:

I put up decorations for fun...you know...that thing where you just enjoy life?  

Best answer ever. 🙂    I am not sure why somebody decorating their OWN door would be a bother to someone else

Edited by starlake
spell
  • Like 5

On 6/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, floridatravelersforlife said:

WE used to decorate with some magnetic signs, but stopped after sticky fingers of fellow passengers made them disappear.  Biggest offenders were on Disney ships.  

We have taken 6 DCL cruises and we have noticed that it's the kids with no supervision that is stealing them. 😠

2 hours ago, starlake said:

Best answer ever. 🙂    I am not sure why somebody decorating their OWN door would be a bother to someone else

I didn't know we owned the doors. Can we take them with us when we go? Can we decorate our hotel doors, airplane seats, restaurant booths etc. Why don't we have fun decorating everywhere we go? People can do whatever they like but I assume that when someone books a hotel or ship part of the reason they do so is the because of the decor of the hotel or ship and they probably aren't interested in seeing mine.

Edited by Ma Bell

1 minute ago, Ma Bell said:

I didn't know we owned the doors. Can we take them with us when we go?

This has become (and has been for a long while), one of the most petty threads I have seen on CC. There is something called personal choice, and as long as it doesn’t violate any rules, which in this case it doesn’t according to Celebrity, then let those who don’t want to decorate leave the door alone, and those that enjoy doing so, go ahead and decorate the door. Stop the bickering and belittling of each other already and move on to other threads with the intent to share helpful information with each other. After all, I thought that was the intent of Cruise Critic since it’s inception.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

This has become (and has been for a long while), one of the most petty threads I have seen on CC. There is something called personal choice, and as long as it doesn’t violate any rules, which in this case it doesn’t according to Celebrity, then let those who don’t want to decorate leave the door alone, and those that enjoy doing so, go ahead and decorate the door. Stop the bickering and belittling of each other already and move on to other threads with the intent to share helpful information with each other. After all, I thought that was the intent of Cruise Critic since it’s inception.

Maybe you should read the whole post. As I said, people can do whatever they want. The person I was answering was wondering why it bothered some people. Personally, I couldn't care less but I wouldn't do it for the reasons I explained.

Edited by Ma Bell

6 minutes ago, Ma Bell said:

Maybe you should read the whole post. As I said, people can do whatever they want.

I have read the whole thread and know that opinion has been shared already, but some others continue the “fighting” and putting others down. I wasn’t trying to point fingers at you.

Edited by ChuckL

3 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

I have read the whole thread and know that opinion has been shared already, but some others continue the “fighting” and putting others down.

I said the whole post, not the whole thread. I'm not putting anyone down or fighting...are you? I explained why I wouldn't do it and why some people don't care for it.

Edited by Ma Bell

5 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

I have read the whole thread and know that opinion has been shared already, but some others continue the “fighting” and putting others down. I wasn’t trying to point fingers at you.

You quoted me so I would assume you were speaking about me.