Unpacking on the ship

isight2020

3 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Not really because some clothes in the 'clean' case were worn but only for a couple of hours, it also includes outdoor wear and shoes. Obviously a man!! Roflmao šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

You originally said, ā€œWeļ»æĀ go home with oneļ»æĀ case full of clean unworn stuff in packing cubesā€ That is a little different than what you are saying now. Ā 

Ā 

Something that you didnā€™t wear at all shouldnā€™t have been brought. Ā And something you only wore for a few hours, probably should have been left home as well. Ā Rather than having four hoodies that were each worn once, next time bring one and wear it 4 times.

Ā 

Yup I am a guy. Ā Unless my laundry bag contains at least 90% of my clothes for the return trip, I evaluate what I should leave home next time. There is some leeway because just because everyday was so hot this trip I never needed a sweatshirt doesnā€™t mean the next trip will be just as warm.Ā 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ed01106 said:

You originally said, ā€œWeļ»æĀ go home with oneļ»æĀ case full of clean unworn stuff in packing cubesā€ That is a little different than what you are saying now. Ā 

Ā 

Something that you didnā€™t wear at all shouldnā€™t have been brought. Ā And something you only wore for a few hours, probably should have been left home as well. Ā Rather than having four hoodies that were each worn once, next time bring one and wear it 4 times.

Ā 

Yup I am a guy. Ā Unless my laundry bag contains at least 90% of my clothes for the return trip, I evaluate what I should leave home next time. There is some leeway because just because everyday was so hot this trip I never needed a sweatshirt doesnā€™t mean the next trip will be just as warm.Ā 

I'm a woman and wear almost all of the clothes I take on a trip.Ā  I'll wear things over and over again unless I "dribble" but when it comes to packing at the end those clothes will go into the dirty clothes pile as I'll wash them when we get home.Ā  On a recent non-cruise trip I used one of those big compression bags for the dirty clothes.Ā  Worked great.

1 hour ago, ed01106 said:

Ā 

Ā 

You got me lol šŸ˜

I did bring home unworn clothes this time partly becoz of weather issues. I never got to wear my swimwear, shorts, sun tops, sarongs becoz it pissed down for a lot of the days so I wore the same trousers nearly all week , oh boy they coulda walked the laundry on their own, smokin' ......

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 12:25 PM, ed01106 said:

Ā 

Ā 

I'm a lady, and this is my approach as well.Ā  The only reason things ever come back from my vacations clean is because I do laundry along the way.

46 minutes ago, Bizmark'sMom said:

I'm a lady,ļ»æ

I'm a woman and don't come home with clean clothes.Ā  But am rather excited that our concierge verandah on Oceania will give us three bags of free laundry.Ā  Woohooooo šŸ™‚

I do laundry along the way because I limit the size of luggage I'm willing to pack and carry. I pack enough for 5 days, and wash as necessary. I tend to do land vacations in addition to cruises, so I think about what I can carry up and down stairs, onto and off of trains, and along sidewalks.

• Like 1