Single supplement

gabbyisadog

32 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I’m sorry you gave up, Anne.

We still have some specials on Alaska, including Last Minute deals...

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/find-a-voyage#promo=6832

Thanks for your help Bonnie. The prices on all the Alaska cruises now  are at least $2,000 more than they were when I last looked so I have lost interest. I was not that keen to go to Alaska anyway and it was the exceptionally low prices about a month ago that  tempted me. Since they are long gone, so is my interest.

Anne

2 hours ago, ptrpanpens said:

Thanks Bonnie.

but in the meantime the prices have gone up considerably and I just gave up on the cruise.

Anne

Sorry to hear about this. In case you look for other cruise lines with solo fares, it has been mentioned several times in Cruise Critic that Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal have good offers. Since Azamara has increased prices considerably in the last years those lines have become more attractive to even loyals to Azamara.

Edited by travelberlin

45 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Sorry to hear about this. In case you look for other cruise lines with solo fares, it has been mentioned several times in Cruise Critic that Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal have good offers. Since Azamara has increased prices considerably in the last years those lines have become more attractive to even loyals to Azamara.

Sadly, whilst Azamara can fill their ships the old days of their proud solo fare boast seems to be a thing of the past. 

My main bugbear with Azamara now is that in order to fill sailings they send the cabins off to consolidators to sell cheaply or as Interline rates at huge discount, thus cutting out their loyal customer base (like solo cruisers for example). It's such a pity, but Royal Caribbean finally have their claws in what was once a pretty autonomous cruiseline.  

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sadly, whilst Azamara can fill their ships the old days of their proud solo fare boast seems to be a thing of the past. 

My main bugbear with Azamara now is that in order to fill sailings they send the cabins off to consolidators to sell cheaply or as Interline rates at huge discount, thus cutting out their loyal customer base (like solo cruisers for example). It's such a pity, but Royal Caribbean finally have their claws in what was once a pretty autonomous cruiseline.  

Phil 

Unfortunately I only began sailing Azamara recently so missed out on the good old days for the most part. I like the experience once I am onboard but sometimes dealing with customer service and the web page (as a single) is just so frustrating that I never get that far unfortunately.

I have noticed some very good fares in the UK but I don't like their cancellation terms. I am an experienced traveler though and know how to get the deals, generally, if they are to be had, so I will just keep trying and have a look at Silversea and Crystal. Even Celebrity has significantly increased prices so that they are comparable with Azamara on some itineraries, like the Adriatic.

Anne

16 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

Unfortunately I only began sailing Azamara recently so missed out on the good old days for the most part. I like the experience once I am onboard but sometimes dealing with customer service and the web page (as a single) is just so frustrating that I never get that far unfortunately.

I have noticed some very good fares in the UK but I don't like their cancellation terms. I am an experienced traveler though and know how to get the deals, generally, if they are to be had, so I will just keep trying and have a look at Silversea and Crystal. Even Celebrity has significantly increased prices so that they are comparable with Azamara on some itineraries, like the Adriatic.

Anne

Anne, unfortunately it is not just the singles who are getting the shaft from  the Azamara home office.  The many many screw ups from the home office have driven many of us to other cruise lines.  Even Bonnie who does try to help missed your point about your single price being more than double the double price earlier in this thread,  You unfortunately just another customer lost because of inept customer service,  It shouldn't be too long before there aren't enough people unaware of the home office problems and perhaps Azamara will go the way of other non-existent cruise lines.

Really so sad for a cruise line that has such a wonderful on board experience to think the can treat customers poorly by the home office!!!

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

You are right Phil. We both like Azamara without doubt. But I am glad there are other options. I have several cruises booked with Crystal for the next years. Their solo supplement is 30% for nearly all cruises. 

I would gladly book cruises with Azamara also but at the moment the price-value relationship does not suit my expectations.

Ivi

• Like 2