Reef Safe Sunscreen for fair skin?

Jetswdo

I posted this on NCL board as well.   I am trying to figure out which of the acceptable Hawaii Reef Safe Sunscreen works best for someone like me who burns easily. 

I have read that unfortunately the sunscreens that work best for the environment, doesn't work that well for fair skinned persons. Anyway I am looking for water resistant (I will be snorkeling a lot) will spend what ever I have to, just to protect my skin as well as the reefs.  Any recommendations?  Thanks.  Anita

I am not fair skinned, but thanks to prescription medicine I burn quickly now. I bought Sun Bum SPF30 to use this summer and it works well for me so far. It smells slightly like bananas and coconut, but not in a "I'm gonna stink all day" way.

We got Thinksport especially for Hawaii. It passes all their new rules, doesn't smell bad, easily absorbs into the skin & I am a blonde, blue eyed, fair skinned Canadian! Last cruise to Hawaii my reef safe sun screen was really difficult to apply & left a white residue.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Hawaii and boy did we burn our backs from snorkeling. We use Sunbum (Costco sells 3 for $18) also, I would recommend just wearing a rash guard all day snorkeling. We were out there for hours and didn't realize it and burned. You definitely have to reapply every hour!

• 2 weeks later...