Best time to book air from Rome to Miami

nicksmom67

When is the best time to book air from Rome to Miami for May 6th one way?  I see prices from $300 to $2500 depending on airlines.  Also looking for opinions on airlines from Rome to Miami or Orlando.  Thanks for the help.

I am assuming you are on a cruise going over, and need one way air for the return. If that is correct, the first place you may want to check is with your cruise line itself. Many cruise lines have airfare that is significantly discounted. You can buy air at 330 days from your flight, which is very close, but for cruise line air I find that they don't have a lot of their contracted air entered that early and you are better discussing options with them at closer to 300 days out (10 months). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

It’s too early to even get prices for May 6, 2020.

And you would be incorrect with this statement.  Just did a quick check on Air France, British Airways and Lufthansa and all three have schedules that far out. The US "big 3" are only showing up to May 5th, so wait one more day (as of sunday) and they should be open well. 

Edited by TruckerDave

It won't be any cheaper than $300.00

What airline is that? Norwegian? 

There is not best time, the best time if when you see a fare you are happy with. 

As for airlines, only Alitalia flies the flight non-stop. You can look at both MIA and FLL airports for your arrival into South Florida. MIA has a ton of flights from Europe on almost all major European airlines. From Rome it is an easy connect in the U.S. from the hubs of the other airlines like United and Delta. That is why you should price out both MIA and FLL airports. 

$300? Yeah, you're not going to beat $300 price wise. If price is your #1 priority, jump on that bad boy. Not knowing what airline it is, who knows about comfort or dependability, but if price is the deciding factor...do it.

Original poster here.  Price is important but the length of the flight is equally important.  Right now the lowest price is on TAP which gets mixed reviews so I will wait but keep checking prices and airlines.  Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:56 PM, nicksmom67 said:

When is the best time to book air from Rome to Miami for May 6th one way?

11 hours ago, nicksmom67 said:

Price is important but the length of the flight is equally important.  Right now the lowest price is on TAP which gets mixed reviews so I will wait but keep checking prices and airlines.

It sounds like you need to ask yourself some hard questions. What are you hoping to achieve with your purchase? What are you hoping to achieve by refusing the current TAP offer and waiting?

In particular, what if the cheapest available price doubles or triples, and you can never again get the current offer? Will you be saying to yourself "I should have booked TAP at $300 because now it's going to cost me at least $900 whoever I book with"? Or will you be saying "Actually, it's a good thing I've found that an airline I'm happier with will only cost $900, because that's still much better value than TAP at $300"?

Only you can answer these questions. You do need to think about them. And you need to think about which is more important, if push comes to shove: price or duration?

13 hours ago, nicksmom67 said:

Price is important but the length of the flight is equally important.

One more thing, having had a look at the current options: What are your timing constraints? That - more than the flight duration - could have a big effect on ruling out many possible options.

I'm also looking at flights FCO to MIA next May on a multi city ticket.  I've looked at "dummy" bookings for my flights for the last few months just to get an idea of the prices.  Yesterday, my multi ticket flight was $300 cheaper than today.  The only non stop from FCO to MIA I could find is on alitalia  and it's VERY expensive.

When my flight schedules are available to book, I have a very good idea of what prices are.  With that information I know not to book right away if the price is too high for me, or to pull the trigger and buy if the price is on the low side of my research. 

What's most important to you?  Flight time, where do you want to connect (USA or other), Econ, Prem Econ, etc?  Where do you want your seats?  What plane do you prefer?

Good luck!

On 6/8/2019 at 3:56 PM, nicksmom67 said:

When is the best time to book air from Rome to Miami for May 6th one way?  I see prices from $300 to $2500 depending on airlines.  Also looking for opinions on airlines from Rome to Miami or Orlando.  Thanks for the help.

use  IATA   Matrix.com   for a fare compare for ALL airilnes     For cheap  try Condor     Rather than Rome  I use Nice  cheaper   Try  Orlando rather than  Miami    Munich, FRA  to Orlando      just a quick train trip or heck a  FUN  drive      Play with Matrix   don t  be temped to buy from a third party  by direct with the airline

airline pricing is now going to demand pricing   the more the demand  the higher the price and it changes daily as demand does.    Know that  Prices will be :   Nonstop..Highest   1 stop Med price   2 stops lower.      Also that lay over time brings  priced

Its not too soon for May 2020  I just grabbed Nice to LAX for $1230 Business class  Swiss-London- then UAL  Lax  !!!  by buying the miles 60,000 at  2 cents @   a valid tactic    I checked and you can get  Rome-Warsaw- LAX for 1400. business ( mile purchase)

Edited by Hawaiidan

On 6/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, bbtondo said:

I'm also looking at flights FCO to MIA next May on a multi city ticket.  I've looked at "dummy" bookings for my flights for the last few months just to get an idea of the prices.  Yesterday, my multi ticket flight was $300 cheaper than today.  The only non stop from FCO to MIA I could find is on alitalia  and it's VERY expensive.

When my flight schedules are available to book, I have a very good idea of what prices are.  With that information I know not to book right away if the price is too high for me, or to pull the trigger and buy if the price is on the low side of my research. 

What's most important to you?  Flight time, where do you want to connect (USA or other), Econ, Prem Econ, etc?  Where do you want your seats?  What plane do you prefer?

Good luck!

Watch out...as of November 1  UAL AA Delta  and many others are going to demand pricing    as demand for a flight rises  so will the price.  Waiting will thus be counterproductive  as more and more people want your flight !!!     The airlines figured this out...to their advantage

On 6/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, Flymia said:

It won't be any cheaper than $300.00

What airline is that? Norwegian? 

There is not best time, the best time if when you see a fare you are happy with. 

As for airlines, only Alitalia flies the flight non-stop. You can look at both MIA and FLL airports for your arrival into South Florida. MIA has a ton of flights from Europe on almost all major European airlines. From Rome it is an easy connect in the U.S. from the hubs of the other airlines like United and Delta. That is why you should price out both MIA and FLL airports. 

Try  MCO..orlando..... Norwegian is a no frills everything cost extra sort of South west international...

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

Try  MCO..orlando..... Norwegian is a no frills everything cost extra sort of South west international...

That's not really like Southwest. Southwest is big on nothing costing extra...you pay and, unless you want to buy alcohol or board early, everything is included...no seat fees, no bag fees, no change fees, etc. Norwegian is quite the opposite...maybe more like Spirit International (though...Spirit flies international. Then again, so does Southwest).

13 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

airline pricing is now going to demand pricing   the more the demand  the higher the price and it changes daily as demand does.

13 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

as of November 1  UAL AA Delta  and many others are going to demand pricing    as demand for a flight rises  so will the price.

This is not an innovation. This is exactly how airlines have worked for decades.

The novelty that you mention only applies to the pricing of award tickets within frequent flyer schemes. That is irrelevant to the OP, who is not asking about frequent flyer award tickets.

And even then, the forthcoming change is not new. Delta has been doing this for some time now.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 11:20 AM, TruckerDave said:

And you would be incorrect with this statement.  Just did a quick check on Air France, British Airways and Lufthansa and all three have schedules that far out. The US "big 3" are only showing up to May 5th, so wait one more day (as of sunday) and they should be open well. 

I agree.  British Airways has their booking window open 360 days in advance.

41 minutes ago, pcur said:

I agree.  British Airways has their booking window open 360 days in advance.

I believe BA is technically 355 days in advance. Looks like you can book through approximately June 26, 2020 now so the 355 seems about right.

Edited by Zach1213