The official answer to this is a resounding no. However, we managed to add two people at the last second.

Here's what happened. We signed the final contract and approved the guest list. And then two additional people decided to join us (only 5 days out!) Since everyone at our wedding was sailing with us, it ended up not being a problem. The cruise lines and wedding planning folks are VERRRY picky about who they let on the boat. But they didn't exactly take attendance at the wedding itself. It was a buffet reception, so there was no assigned seating or anything. And no one did a head count.

I actually called RR to ask them what to do about our extra guests, and they basically told me no one would be taking attendence so not to worry. Then again, we are talking about only two people. If we had tried to "sneak in" more than that it might have been a different story.

I faxed in my final guest list one month before the wedding. My wedding was 1/22 and I was told I had until the end of the day 1/13 to make any changes to the guest list. I ended up adding one more person on 1/12 and it was no problem at all. I just faxed them a one page letter saying with the person's name, DOB and if they were sailing or not.

Archived