transportation to Port Canaveral from Disney

Illbcruzn4life

I agree that the Florida departures board is probably the best place to ask, but while we're here, we find the best way is to rent a car. I rent Avis, which you can get at the Hilton on the  Hotel Plaza Boulevard adjacent to Disney Springs. You also have National and Alamo at the National car Care center and the Dolphin Hotel. They all have locations at Port canaveral with shuttle service to the ships.

If you’re staying at a WDW Resort Hotel Disney has recently begun offering transportation service from the Resort Hotels to PC for $35. In my experience this is the best deal for the least stressful transit experience. They make sure you arrive with plenty of time to spare and deal with your luggage for you! 

7 hours ago, christicruises said:

If you’re staying at a WDW Resort Hotel Disney has recently begun offering transportation service from the Resort Hotels to PC for $35. In my experience this is the best deal for the least stressful transit experience. They make sure you arrive with plenty of time to spare and deal with your luggage for you! 

Not exactly recent, but yes, Disney offers transportation to PC for Disney cruises. The OP was asking about a non-DCL cruise.

17 hours ago, christicruises said:

recently begun offering transportation service from the Resort Hotels to PC for $35.

Not that "recently".  They've been doing transfers since at least 2008 from the resorts.  And the cost is now $39 per person.

We had transfers from SOME WDW resorts (those designated as "cruise resorts" at that time" in 1998 on the maiden voyage of the Magic.  They have existed continuously since then, but have expanded to all resorts.    But, as above, the poster is on a non-DCL cruise, so the DCL service won't help her.  Her best bet will be a private limo service or a rental car.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, cantgetin said:

We had transfers from SOME WDW resorts (those designated as "cruise resorts" at that time" in 1998 on the maiden voyage of the Magic.  They have existed continuously since then, but have expanded to all resorts.    But, as above, the poster is on a non-DCL cruise, so the DCL service won't help her.  Her best bet will be a private limo service or a rental car.

Maybe, maybe not.  First thing I would check is if a DCL is sailing that day.  If not, no buses will be running.  But if the busses are going from the hotel to the port and they got room, they might be willing to sell you a seat.  Might not.  But wouldn’t hurt to ask.

3 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  First thing I would check is if a DCL is sailing that day.  If not, no buses will be running.  But if the busses are going from the hotel to the port and they got room, they might be willing to sell you a seat.  Might not.  But wouldn’t hurt to ask.

Perhaps....but then they'd have to get a taxi to the terminal where their ship is located.  Unless rental car prices have seriously increased, you can rent and pay gas and tolls for about the price of transfers for 2 people.  Several companies are located on or near WDW property and some will pick you up at the resort and take you to get the car.  Drop off is near the port and all the companies will shuttle you to your ship.  It is really a matter of what works best for each family.

Another option (although this might be more hassle than it is worth).

If you are staying at a Disney Hotel you can take a free shuttle to the airport.  Then take cruise line shuttle from airport to ship.

14 hours ago, ed01106 said:

Another option (although this might be more hassle than it is worth).

If you are staying at a Disney Hotel you can take a free shuttle to the airport.  Then take cruise line shuttle from airport to ship.

The shuttle from the airport to the port is also not free. It's $39/pp so I don't see where this saves you anything for the added aggravation. 

2 minutes ago, gometros said:

The shuttle from the airport to the port is also not free. It's $39/pp so I don't see where this saves you anything for the added aggravation. 

I doubt it is the best option but if 39/pp is less than taxi or car rental from hotel it could be.  Probably only if traveling solo.  It is an option.  Probably not a great one.

Why in heavens name would you take a free shuttle to the airport to jump on another shuttle when for the same price you can take a shuttle directly from your WDW hotel?  Sorry, but your advice just does not make sense and is highly misguided.  I've seen you post on a few threads now with some wild ideas that are neither accurate nor helpful.

10 minutes ago, gometros said:

Why in heavens name would you take a free shuttle to the airport to jump on another shuttle when for the same price you can take a shuttle directly from your WDW hotel?  Sorry, but your advice just does not make sense and is highly misguided.  I've seen you post on a few threads now with some wild ideas that are neither accurate nor helpful.

That would be horrible idea, if direct shuttle for the same price exists.  But the OP might not have the option of taking shuttle from hotel directly to ship, staying in WDW hotel and taking a non-Disney cruise.

2 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

That would be horrible idea, if direct shuttle for the same price exists.  But the OP might not have the option of taking shuttle from hotel directly to ship, staying in WDW hotel and taking a non-Disney cruise.

Again, since the OP IS taking a non-Disney cruise, a DIsney shuttle is not an option, whether it be from WDW or the airport.

6 minutes ago, gometros said:

Again, since the OP IS taking a non-Disney cruise, a DIsney shuttle is not an option, whether it be from WDW or the airport.

Correct.  But being OP is staying at WDW can take disney shuttle to airport.  And then take whatever cruiselines airport shuttle to the port.  If a direct shuttle was available it would be a better option, but if not then two shuttles with a transfer at the airport could work for the cost of cruise line shuttle which might be more or might be less than 39.

Again, your advice is not based on correct facts. I do not believe (and here, this is where we differ. I don't state things I don't know as undisputed facts)  that you can take the Magical Express to the airport unless you have a scheduled flight. If correct, that means you cannot use it as  a first stop on a continued trip to the port. 

38 minutes ago, gometros said:

Again, your advice is not based on correct facts. I do not believe (and here, this is where we differ. I don't state things I don't know as undisputed facts)  that you can take the Magical Express to the airport unless you have a scheduled flight. If correct, that means you cannot use it as  a first stop on a continued trip to the port. 

Once again you are correct Magical Express does ask you for flight info!    They, however, do not ask to see your tickets nor in any other way attempt to verify that you are scheduled for that flight.  But it ain’t hard to find a flight number that will get you to the airport for your desired time.  As I initially stated, this is an option.  But probably not the best option. I leave it to the OP to consider the option.  If they wish to reject it because they have a better option, that is great.  But it is a viable option.  

4 hours ago, ed01106 said:

Correct.  But being OP is staying at WDW can take disney shuttle to airport.  And then take whatever cruiselines airport shuttle to the port.  If a direct shuttle was available it would be a better option, but if not then two shuttles with a transfer at the airport could work for the cost of cruise line shuttle which might be more or might be less than 39.

This won't work.  When taking a DCL shuttle to the port, your luggage goes separately, hours earlier.  You can take only "carry on" luggage on the bus with you.  It doesn't work like Magical Express where you CAN check in your luggage at the resort or can carry it on the bus.  Also, if you take ME to the airport, the drop off point is not near where you would get a shuttle to the port!

Yes, you could lie about a plane connection and take ME to the airport...and get a shuttle for your cruise line from the airport (if the cruise line offers one).  That's a real pain.  Again, cost of private towncar transportation from WDW to PC is about the cost of DCL transfers for 4; cost of renting a car is about the same as shuttle for 2.  Why go thru all the hassle to save relatively little money?

• Like 1