Transfers from Perth Airport to Fremantle

Will be needing to transfer from Perth Airport to Fremantle to get onto the Sun Princess for our cruise around Southern Australia. Any suggestions of who to use. T/A suggested getting a private car at a cost of $160. Thought that a bit steep.

Yes. That is far too steep. Sorry to say, but I think your TA is being unrealistic. The cheapest option would be to buy the transfer from Princess. I think there would be an option to buy this on your Princess Cruise Personalizer. They operate a shuttle service from the airport to the Fremantle cruise terminal and have a list of names of the people who have purchased the transfer. In addition, you would have an emailed confirmation of payment.

Another option is a taxi. The airport is about a 45 minute drive from the terminal. The last time we went by taxi (a couple of years ago) the cost was AUD$65 - cheaper than the option offered by the TA even if the price has gone up a bit.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Young John....Airport shuttle services would do that  transfer for even less than Princess and certainly less than $160.  Check out myairshuttles.    Perth Airport to Fremantle $32 pp.  Way to go. Above all, enjoy.

The advice given by some of these T.A's makes one wonder.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

Young John....Airport shuttle services would do that  transfer for even less than Princess and certainly less than $160.  Check out myairshuttles.    Perth Airport to Fremantle $32 pp.  Way to go. Above all, enjoy.

That's handy to know. I've done three cruises in or out of Fremantle but had rental a rental car each time as we used to stay a few days pre or post cruise.

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

I wonder if a sticky for shuttles would work on this board?

A problem I see with myairshuttles is that their departures are very infrequent. They have two services in the morning from both terminals (8.15/8.35 and 10.40/11am) and one in the early afternoon (1.40/2pm) that would be in time to connect with a cruise ship departure. When we have flown into Perth, we have arrived around 11.30 and then been leaving the airport in the Princess shuttle by 12.15. This is half-way between the myairshuttle buses. Passengers have to book myairshuttles ahead, but if they miss their bus because of a delay in their flight, they would have to resort to plan 'B'. Uber would be a good option.

I don't know the current price from Princess for their transfer, but they have a fleet of buses running a shuttle service. Passengers are directed to the waiting buses that had brought passengers from the previous cruise to the airport. There would be minimal wait because each arriving flight would have many people who had booked the service.

Of course you are right, Relaxing Robbies, but if you are in a group, especially with kids or the elderly, it would be less frazzling to catch an Uber or a taxi which would take much less time and cost not that much more for the group.

When the Perth - Airport train line is completed in a year or so it will all become so much simpler to travel Airport to Fremantle with only one change of line at Perth Central Station.

• 2 weeks later...