Alaska cruisetour questions

CruzinfromFL

DH and I are going on an Alaska cruisetour in May 2020 and I have some questions that I haven't seen addressed in any of the cruisetour reviews I've read.

1. Does anyone know approximately how many people are typically on the land portion of the cruisetour?

2. My husband uses a CPAP machine, I know on the ship they will provide us with the distilled water, but what about in the hotels on land?

3. We are planning on arriving 1-2 days early and would like to stay in the same hotel that we are in the first night of the land tour (we are on land first, then cruising). As of now the information we have says we are staying at the Anchorage Marriott, however I know that could change. Does anyone know when the hotels are finalized?

I know I have plenty of time to get this all figured out, but I'm a planner and like to have as much info as early as possible 😊

• 2 months later...

We did a NB cruisetour June of this year. There were about 30-35 people on ours. The four of us boarded last and we had the last 4 rows to ourselves. Able to spread out and one of the rows had extra leg room. Not sure about the distilled water.  Talk to your tour director when you meet them. Ours was fantastic and I'm sure they can help you out. Not sure when they will finalize the hotels. I can tell you the land tour is not run by Celebrity. They use another company for that. Have a good cruise.

Celebrity typically uses the Marriott in Anchorage. We did 2 cruise tours and stayed there both times. I think the coach holds about 40 people. On our 2nd trip there were 3 Celebrity coaches but the itinerary  was different for each group.

Thanks all! 

I have booked the Anchorage Marriott for our pre-tour stay, but of course I can always change that if the hotel changes.

For the distilled water, since we will be there early we'll find somewhere to buy a gallon when we arrive. Once we meet our tour director, if they can't help us with distilled water at each hotel, we'll make sure we drink a couple of 1L bottles of water before the tour starts and then just use those to keep the distilled water from the gallon we buy when we first arrive. I'll also probably bring some plastic wrap just to ensure the water bottles stay closed while in our luggage on the bus/train.

We too were at the Marriott. There is a market a couple of blocks away, an easy walk.  That being said, we filled a water bottle from home with distilled water, tightened the top as tight as possible, put it in a ziplock bag packed it in with our checked bags and we were good to go.  As each night we were in a different hotel, this made it very easy. 

We took the North Bound Land tour out of Anchorage.   As others we stayed the first night at Marriott.   One warning - we were looking for a drug store down town and the closest was Carr's (Safeway) about a mile away.   There is also a Walgreen about a mile away. 

On our tour there were about 80 broken up into two different busses.