Radisson at the Port vs Country Inn & Suites

CruizCuz

Good morning!  I am leaving on the Liberty at the end of August and will be traveling to Port Canaveral the day before our cruise.  We have cruised out of the Port many times and any time we have stayed at a hotel, it was always the Radisson at the Port.  We have usually traveled with kids and they loved the pool.  However, this time it will be just my DH and me.  Has anyone stayed at both hotels and have a preference one way or the other?  We enjoyed having a bar at the Radisson, but the rooms look nicer at CI&S.  Please let me know your opinions.  Also, we have never used CI&S shuttle service - opinions? The Radisson's shuttle service is great and we have also parked at the port.  

I would love to help,  but I always stay at my friend's beach shack in Cocoa Beach...

I know there was some discussion in May about the hotels right there by the port.  Yes, the Search function on CC sucks boulders, but give it a try.   

Me?  If having the bar was a nice thing in the past, I'd stay at the Raddison anyway.  It's a known quantity to you.   Are you still driving there or taking a shuttle from MCO?  To me, a car or using Lyft/Uber is important for that day since there really isn't much in the way of good eats in the area.  Just Southern Charm and Thai Thai - everything else is chain/junk food.   Euro Cafe in Cape Canaveral is gaining a good reputation lately and Darci's Bacon Blues is fab for breakfast.  Or head down in to Cocoa Beach for the 4th st. Fillin' Station for a 17 page beer menu and good casual food (the cauliflower appy is amazing), or down to Coconuts on the Beach for a lively bar scene.  

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I would love to help,  but I always stay at my friend's beach shack in Cocoa Beach...

I know there was some discussion in May about the hotels right there by the port.  Yes, the Search function on CC sucks boulders, but give it a try.   

Me?  If having the bar was a nice thing in the past, I'd stay at the Raddison anyway.  It's a known quantity to you.   Are you still driving there or taking a shuttle from MCO?  To me, a car or using Lyft/Uber is important for that day since there really isn't much in the way of good eats in the area.  Just Southern Charm and Thai Thai - everything else is chain/junk food.   Euro Cafe in Cape Canaveral is gaining a good reputation lately and Darci's Bacon Blues is fab for breakfast.  Or head down in to Cocoa Beach for the 4th st. Fillin' Station for a 17 page beer menu and good casual food (the cauliflower appy is amazing), or down to Coconuts on the Beach for a lively bar scene.  

Thank you for the suggestions on restaurants.  We are driving, but will more than likely take Uber or Lyft to eat somewhere.  I have eaten at Fish Lips and the food was "meh", but would go again to see the ships leave.  The 17 page beer menu sounds amazing!  I will definitely have to suggest that to my dh.  He will love that!

20 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Cannot speak to either of those.  However, my wife and I stay regularly at the Homewood Suites just across the road from those two.  We love it.  Rooms are great and the shuttle service to the port works out nicely.

When checking out the hotels in the area, I found Homewood Suites to be more expensive.  It does look very nice, and I appreciate the suggestion.  If the price drops, I may have to take your suggestion.  Thank you!

53 minutes ago, CruizCuz said:

Thank you for the suggestions on restaurants.  We are driving, but will more than likely take Uber or Lyft to eat somewhere.  I have eaten at Fish Lips and the food was "meh", but would go again to see the ships leave.  The 17 page beer menu sounds amazing!  I will definitely have to suggest that to my dh.  He will love that!

We much prefer the food at Grills over Fish Lips....and we still get to see the ships leave.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CruizCuz said:

When checking out the hotels in the area, I found Homewood Suites to be more expensive.  It does look very nice, and I appreciate the suggestion.  If the price drops, I may have to take your suggestion.  Thank you!

We stayed at Homewood Suites a couple of times when we got a great nice.  It is a very nice hotel!

We have stayed at both Radisson and CI&S....to get us in the Cruise mood we much prefer the Radisson because of the pool, tiki bar, staff and location.

agree with everything said so far

CI&S was closed for a bit after the last hurricane (near miss) cuz they had water damage ... they spent a lot of $ on refresh .... Rad' has been mentioned by some as looking 'dated' but their pool and adjacent bar area is thought better by many.

Homewood is the new big dog but as you saw a bit more $$

5 hours ago, CruizCuz said:

Certainly understand that.  I try to book as early as possible and continue to watch the rates for any drop.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:28 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We much prefer the food at Grills over Fish Lips....and we still get to see the ships leave.

Thank you for the suggestion!  I will definitely try Grills in August before our next cruise.  Sounds yummy and I love that you can still see the ships!

4 hours ago, CruizCuz said:

Thank you for the suggestion!  I will definitely try Grills in August before our next cruise.  Sounds yummy and I love that you can still see the ships!

Grills is literally next door to the Royal terminal.  They also serve breakfast so cruisers, especially those who came in early, can enjoy a nice meal and then take the 2-3min walk down the sidewalk and right into the terminal..

• Like 1

I have stayed at both and feel that Country Inn & Suites is more organized the morning you leave for the port.  Plus they were super amazing the one time our ship was delayed arriving so we were stuck at the hotel all day and couldn't even head to port until 7pm.  Radisson does have that resort feel but if you're just there for a bed and a shower my vote goes to CIS

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to decide between Homewood Suites and Country Inn and Suites at Port Canaveral for the park and go package, so does any one have comments on their prior stays at either of these.  The prices are not that much of a decision, just want the one that is the cleanest and parking on site and not leaving my key with them.  Thanks for any suggestions.  We live in Panama City, Fl., where Hurricane Michael hit on Oct. 10, 2018, so we need a vacation .  We had to cancel the one for Oct. 21, 2018 to repair our home, car, truck and motorhome.  

I have used both and prefer Country Inn and Suites. The rooms are “fresher” and our shuttle experience was much better. CI&S has a dedicated shuttle and was right there waiting to take us and pick us up. Radisson shared a shuttle with another one or two hotels and they got behind so we had a wait going to the port before we were picked up. Also my husband is a bigger man and the CI&S was easier to get on and off.  Neither was bad but I prefer CI&S.

1 hour ago, bc cruiser said:

I am trying to decide between Homewood Suites and Country Inn and Suites at Port Canaveral for the park and go package, so does any one have comments on their prior stays at either of these.  The prices are not that much of a decision, just want the one that is the cleanest and parking on site and not leaving my key with them.  Thanks for any suggestions.  We live in Panama City, Fl., where Hurricane Michael hit on Oct. 10, 2018, so we need a vacation .  We had to cancel the one for Oct. 21, 2018 to repair our home, car, truck and motorhome.  

Homewood Suites is the newest and it is very nice.  I don’t know about their shuttle situation because we park at the port.  Country Inn & Suites is nice too and does a great job with their shuttle. 

The two hotels a across the street from each other...so same distance to the port (about a mile)

• 3 months later...

Looking at these two hotels too.  CruizCuz, which did you end up selecting?  Were you happy?

From what I can see, these both have restaurants in walking distance right?  (Fast food such as McDonalds, Burger King and sit downs such as Zarella's, Zachary's and Kelsey's) .  Or are some not accessible by foot with the busy street?

We are coming with kids and won't have a car.

11 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Looking at these two hotels too.  CruizCuz, which did you end up selecting?  Were you happy?

From what I can see, these both have restaurants in walking distance right?  (Fast food such as McDonalds, Burger King and sit downs such as Zarella's, Zachary's and Kelsey's) .  Or are some not accessible by foot with the busy street?

We are coming with kids and won't have a car.

Country Inn & Suites is on the same side of the street as Burger King, Zachary’s, and Kelsey’s.....