17th Place Hyatt and Value Trips

robertlanajean

Hello!

So I promised I would comment on this after my cruise but can't remember where the original thread went.

Stayed at the Hyatt pre-cruise through Value Trips for $129 plus tax. Prior to booking I joined Hyatt's membership club (whatever it's called) and asked Value Trips to include my membership number on the reservation request. I was able to see my reservation directly on the Hyatt website and track myself to make sure I didnt get walked. It also enabled us to eat their free breakfast as World of Hyatt members. 

Overall the experience was nice. Great hotel, walking distance to food, Total Wine, and a Publix and free breakfast. They do charge $2 per room for airport transportation by the way. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love the location, its also very clean, not too big either. The $ 2 charge is what the airport charges the shuttles. This is what the driver told us. 8-10 min ride from the airport. We have made this our go to hotel now for our last 3 cruise's. 20 and counting.

16 hours ago, jlocole said:

Is Value Trips non-refundable or can it be cancelled?  I have booked a cheapo Days for my Nov sister cruise but may book Hyatt for my April cruise with hubby.

Yes...but you need to cancel directly with Hyatt Place not Value Trips. I believe you have 24 hours (?) prior to arrival to cancel with them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes...but you need to cancel directly with Hyatt Place not Value Trips. I believe you have 24 hours (?) prior to arrival to cancel with them.

Thanks.  It would cost approx $10 more to stay here with Value Trip over a 3* Days Inn I have booked.  Is tax added to the $159 rate?   Or a resort fee?

What is the cost to transfer to port from the hotel?

And it is either free or $2.00 from airport to hotel.

Should be an easy decision for me...

On 6/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, robertlanajean said:

Hello!

So I promised I would comment on this after my cruise but can't remember where the original thread went.

Stayed at the Hyatt pre-cruise through Value Trips for $129 plus tax. Prior to booking I joined Hyatt's membership club (whatever it's called) and asked Value Trips to include my membership number on the reservation request. I was able to see my reservation directly on the Hyatt website and track myself to make sure I didnt get walked. It also enabled us to eat their free breakfast as World of Hyatt members. 

Overall the experience was nice. Great hotel, walking distance to food, Total Wine, and a Publix and free breakfast. They do charge $2 per room for airport transportation by the way. 

Thanks!

So you book online and pay the Value Trip rate at check-in?  Is it rate plus tax or is $159 all in?

Did you phone to book to add your Hyatt number or phone Value later to add it?

1 hour ago, jlocole said:

Thanks.  It would cost approx $10 more to stay here with Value Trip over a 3* Days Inn I have booked.  Is tax added to the $159 rate?   Or a resort fee?

What is the cost to transfer to port from the hotel?

And it is either free or $2.00 from airport to hotel.

Should be an easy decision for me...

Personally I would stay at Hyatt Place (JMHO). That $159.00 doesn't include tax...no resort fee though.

It's approx $10.00pp for their shuttle from hotel to Port Everglades terminal....You'll be much better off using Uber/Lyft  and on your time schedule...rather than arriving with a bus load of HP cruiser's. (JMHO).

The fee from FLL to hotel is a $2.00 fee per room not per person (added to your bill at checkout)...very easy to do just make sure you get on the Hyatt shuttle (clearly marked) that's going to the convention center location and not Deerfield. You'll be advised once you get your luggage to call hotel for the shuttle. Our family members that used it were told where to go and had no more than a 10 min wait.

Best of luck...Hyatt Place is a great updated hotel with a good location right next to the Harbor Shopping Center with a Publix market, shops and our favorite place to eat...Duffy's...Best of luck and enjoy !!!

We'll be staying again at HP for our post cruise in October off our Snowbird Itinerary.

• Like 1

You book through the Value Trips website. They have a form you fill out and submit with your request. I just added my hyatt club # and note in the comment section of the form. It took almost a week to get my confirmation email from Value Trips but i could see the reservation on my Hyatt page with 24 hours of making my request. When we went the rate was $129+tax. Came up to about $144 per night.

We did a Lyft XL or whatever they call the bigger vehicles and it was $16 + tip for our party of 4. The hotel shuttle was $8 per person paid cash to the driver. 

The Hyatt was clean, rooms were nice, large, and updated. I am usually a chronic "shop arounder" when booking hotels but was totally satisfied with the room, service, and location. This will be our go to place in FLL.

Hope this helps!

Edited by robertlanajean
Added price with tax

FYI I went to book a March 2020 stay through Value Trips for the Hyatt 17 and it only has the year 2019 to select, not 2020.

Does that seem odd for being into June?  I sent the email with a big comment saying I want March 28, 2020.  

Just wondering how much you do save going thru value trips?  I always book thru the Hyatt site and  get great rates.  

I have also read on here that people have had there reservation moved to another hotel since it was booked thru a 3rd party site.

One other thing:  cancellation is 48 to 72 hours not 24. 

We used the endorsed shuttle service from the Hyatt Hotel to port.  It was $8 pp and there were only about 8 other people on the shuttle with us.  We could have used Uber and paid less but we were very happy with the shuttle driver who navigated thru lines of traffic like a Roman taxi driver.  You could tell he did this route many, many, many times over.  We also enjoyed the conversation with the other passengers on board.  Would not discount using a shuttle in the future.

• Like 1