Sonesta Maho Beach Resort

KTCruiserFL

Hi! We will be in St. Martin on July 4th. We have booked a day pass for the Sonesta Maho Beach resort. I know the resort recently opened back up after major hurricane damage but I’m concerned about the reviews I have seen online. Has anyone been to this resort lately with a day pass? We’re there chairs available at the pool and beach? We’re the drinks and food readily available? Thanks in advance for the feedback! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, KTCruiserFL said:

Hi! We will be in St. Martin on July 4th. We have booked a day pass for the Sonesta Maho Beach resort. I know the resort recently opened back up after major hurricane damage but I’m concerned about the reviews I have seen online. Has anyone been to this resort lately with a day pass? We’re there chairs available at the pool and beach? We’re the drinks and food readily available? Thanks in advance for the feedback! 

So did you go?  If so how was it 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, Candleonwater said:

Yes, please tell, did you go?  We are flying to St Maarten in a month and staying at this resort.  Have heard mixed reviews about how much they have recovered.

It's been a month    Did you check it out?

I just returned from my stay at the Sonesta, and here's my take.  I don't think I would purchase a day pass for the resort.  There really isn't much beach to speak of.  What beach there is, is okay, and there's no major drop off walking into the ocean, though.  The other option for "beach chairs" is on their "fake beach", overlooking the real beach, but as is everywhere, there are chair hogs, so if you're not there early, forget getting a prime spot.  As for the pool... chair hogs, once again.  People were out at 7am placing their belongings on the chairs.  I also found it weird for people to be IN the pool, smoking.  Also, the bartender at the pool bar sometimes has to be reminded to actually put alcohol in the drinks...

4 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

I just returned from my stay at the Sonesta, and here's my take.  I don't think I would purchase a day pass for the resort.  There really isn't much beach to speak of.  What beach there is, is okay, and there's no major drop off walking into the ocean, though.  The other option for "beach chairs" is on their "fake beach", overlooking the real beach, but as is everywhere, there are chair hogs, so if you're not there early, forget getting a prime spot.  As for the pool... chair hogs, once again.  People were out at 7am placing their belongings on the chairs.  I also found it weird for people to be IN the pool, smoking.  Also, the bartender at the pool bar sometimes has to be reminded to actually put alcohol in the drinks...

Thanks  for the feedback.  Did you have a good trip to St martin,  We really like it there. We also have been thinking about buying a rentable vacation home there. 

On 11/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, Bases5 said:

Thanks  for the feedback.  Did you have a good trip to St martin,  We really like it there. We also have been thinking about buying a rentable vacation home there. 

My only complaint is that the vacation wasn't long enough.  After 23 cruises, we've visited a lot of islands, and St Maarten has always been one of our favorites.  Even more so now.  Looking at going back in January.  Would love to move to the island.

• Like 1